Wanted Jensen-Healey

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Joe C

Wanted Jensen-Healey

Post by Joe C »

I've finally decided to look for a Jensen-Healey. It is a car I've liked since I first saw one in a car showroom back in the 1970s. If you have one for sale or know of any which might be available then please get in contact. I'd be interested in any condition, but I do really want a road-worthy running example. During lockdown I built a new garage, for doing my own maintenance and repairs, so it will have a good home. I live in Portsmouth, but I'm prepared to travel, once restrictions are lifted. Please reply to this posting and I'll forward my contact details. Many thanks - Joe
Fishyboy

Re: Wanted Jensen-Healey

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi Joe,
I'm Phil Fish one of the two Southern Area reps and saw you email of yesterday.

This one is up at South West Vehicle Auctions in Poole on 26th March. Estimate £3,000 to £4,000. Don't know anything about the car but must be worth a look as its close to you. There will probably be a video of the car on there website (www.swva.co.uk).

I'd suggest your contact Rob Heydon, who is the Jensen-Healey Registrar (healey@joc.org.uk), who might know about this car and might also know about other cars coming to the market. Rob will also be a font of knowledge for all things Jensen-Healey.

Wheeler Dealers (Series 15, Episode 15? )covered a US spec car recently (https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=388357591774752).

Good luck finding a car.

Phil Fish
IMG_6046.JPG
IMG_6046.JPG (112.56 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588
Joe C

Re: Wanted Jensen-Healey

Post by Joe C »

Thanks Phil, yes - I saw this one on the web and I'll certainly take a look at it, but I'm not very comfortable buying a car of this age from an auction, with so little opportunity to properly check it out. From the look of the video I'd have concerns about the engine too - it is making a blowing sound and puts out a lot of white exhaust - blown head gasket? Or worse? I don't want to be getting straight into major mechanical repairs, bills and hassle, even if it is a low price. I've spent too long inside in my garage in the last year.

I'll check out your other suggestions too.

Cheers - Joe

Return to “Cars For Sale”