Half an SP...

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

Re: Half an SP...

Post by Peter Rothery »

If this shell for sale is the SP it claims to be I believe the rear bumper mounts should still be of the round tube variety?....the other half on FB is a later square tube at the front. Not genuine SP in my book...sorry. Pictures are not clear enough on this point and no doubt Richard will shoot me down in flames if I am wrong!
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

....and from memory. I believe it was Andrew Cassar that sold the front half on ebay a few years ago as a Mk3. Surprised those of his friends and business colleagues who survive him didn't remember that.
Jason Paige

Post by Jason Paige »

Interesting stuff!

I'm the one who owns the front end of that car, I bought it from Andrew Cassar a couple of years or so ago.

It definitely isn't an SP, and has no relationship to that SP logbook.

I have messaged the Ebay seller to let him know.....
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

I think the top bidder MAY be more interested in that.......but maybe not depending upon their plan for the package? Maybe you could sell him the front end for £10k!!!
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

As the original advert is no longer visible on Ebay, here is a cache of the details:

Last updated on 26 Jan, 2021 12:19:46 GMT View all revisions
Item specifics
Model: Interceptor Manufacturer: Jensen

Relisted as we have now found the paperwork amongst the Deceased files, including the V5. This is in fact a rare SP, last taxed in1977 Registration number SEW722K Chassis number SP10123131

1972 Jensen Interceptor SP rear end. Selling on behalf of a deceased estate a Jensen dealer. Unfortunately we do not know of the history or how the SP came to be like this. It was last on the road here in the 70's and at some stage made its way to Germany before being imported back here. Someone may have a use for it as spares or an art piece.

Business seller information
Classic Automobiles Worldwide LTD
Quin Hay Farm
Petersfield
Hampshire
GU32 1BZ
United Kingdom
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

So as it stands , we have a front & rear both the same colour.

Both bought from the late A.Cassar. Both are the same colour with signs of white underneath.

The front is 100% 136/8973 confirmed by J.Page and the rear only has a V5 from a Blue SP.

As mentioned if the rear bumper mounts are square then it can’t be 131/4499 so would probably be 136/8973.

Does the club have a duty to keep an eye in case 131/4499 reappears probably as totally different car?

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Richard Calver

Half of 8973

Post by Richard Calver »

Looks like Andrew was still holding the old logbook for 4499 (with no intention of passing the half shell off as the remains of it). Those clearing the estate must have assumed that the two are connected. I'll assume 4499 was broken at least 20 years ago.

The number 8973 should be on the rear half. It looks from the photos as if that area of the archaeology has not been disturbed. The bumper mounting tubes would be square on 8973.

XAB 814M, the registration number for 8973, shows as SORN. Since the last logbook was issued in 2012, I'll assume the SORN came from Andrew before he cut the car up.

The mystery of the black carpet is also solved.
JOC member 3551
Canberra, Oz
4¼ Litre H4/9103
http://www.richardcalver.com
tfmuch@bigpond.com
johnw

Post by johnw »

Dual Quad. Only thing for the new owner now.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom

Return to “Cars For Sale”