CV8 Mark 2 4OVX for sale

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
BruceMac

CV8 Mark 2 4OVX for sale

Post by BruceMac »

A change of plans means that i now need to sell 4 OVX. I purchased her from longstanding member Jayne Bell in the summer. Jayne had not used the car regularly in recent years and I was hoping to do a European trip in the car over the summer. 4OVX was well restored in about 2007 and has been well cared for since. She had not been used much in recent years and, as I am not mechanically expert, I had the car inspected to make sure that i was aware of anything that might need refreshing to ensure that a trip to Italy and back would be untroubled. Having bought the car I have subsequently spent about £10,000 on recommissioning the things that were mechanically and electrically important including new radiator, new rear brakes, bushes, waxolying the sills, tuning, gearbox adjustment, front wishbone mount repairs, age perished new fuel hoses. etc. It was reflective of the good restoration and the good care that Jayne has taken of the car that the list was mostly "passage of time" and consumable items. Covid meant that the European trip did not happen. I have subsequently done about 300 miles in the car - including doing the GUTS classic car tour of Hampshire - and she is running really well. However for other reasons, i now need to change plans and 4OVX is now up for sale again including her original wheels, a substantial quantity of spares and some very comprehensive records on the car from Jayne's period of ownership. in view of the work put into the car i am asking above what i paid for her before the work was done but below the value that the club has previously put on the car. So offers around £50,000 would be welcomed please. Bruce 07931 376643 (Twickenham)
Bruce
CV8 Mk2 4OVX

Return to “Cars For Sale”