Rare FF Mk3 going to auction

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

Re: Rare FF Mk3 going to auction

Post by Peter Rothery »

Interesting stuff, thanks Pymmie.

I would urge them NOT to get anyone in to try and turn the engine over as it has been sitting for so long. It may succeed but what does it achieve? In my experience they will probably just manage to break every compression ring in the engine and score the bores unnecessarily. Safer to leave it to the new owner...
Per

Post by Per »

Dpes not look like the correct brake servo. Evrn if it is a later version that I have never seen the bleed down safety valve is missing and unless opening is hiding beneath the rustgunge the servo is deffo wrong. The consequently the connections from the Maxaret valve has nowhere to go.
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
Mark Capehorn

Post by Mark Capehorn »

Hi John

On behalf of all those interested in this gem of car, thank you for your time and posting some great pics.

I might have missed it seeing it, but is there a date for the auction?

Have a great Bank Holiday one and all.

Cheers Mark
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

Many thanks John,

I agree with Per the servo is not as I would have expected, the bottom of the door looks as though it has been plated, there is not the contours or drain holes in it that I would have expected and the front of the bonnet looks like it has a crack running across it unless it is a bit of a spiders web.

It is good to see what is like, I will spent a bit of time tomorrow playing spot the difference with 319.

Regards

John
johnw

Post by johnw »

Per wrote:Dpes not look like the correct brake servo. Evrn if it is a later version that I have never seen the bleed down safety valve is missing and unless opening is hiding beneath the rustgunge the servo is deffo wrong. The consequently the connections from the Maxaret valve has nowhere to go.
I know what you are saying, but I think that might be the correct servo, and the bleed valve could be hidden by the angle of the shot. I think that photo is taken from a strange angle that makes the front of the servo look compressed. The Maxaret pipes are there, the other end is most likely connected to the bleed valve I would summise! Buyer beware though as always if you can't actually see something!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Per

Post by Per »

johnw wrote:
I know what you are saying, but I think that might be the correct servo, and the bleed valve could be hidden by the angle of the shot. I think that photo is taken from a strange angle that makes the front of the servo look compressed. The Maxaret pipes are there, the other end is most likely connected to the bleed valve I would summise! Buyer beware though as always if you can't actually see something!
It i the bolts on the front that has me wondering?
Per
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

Per wrote:
johnw wrote:
I think its OK, It has the Dunlop M/C and the internal packing retaining bolt above the spacer washer... Picture of FF 245 with working Dunlop FF servo for comparison
Attachments
FF servo.jpg
FF servo.jpg (211.07 KiB) Viewed 4939 times
P1030007.JPG
P1030007.JPG (109.8 KiB) Viewed 4939 times
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Auction date set as 29th September "more information to follow" according to their website.
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

If anyone is interested the auction can be viewed online tomorrow around 10am

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auct ... 4100e436b5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In my opinion the marketing and sale has been wrongly handled with the actually owner likley to get over 40% less than what
the buyer hands over.

I think the auction house saw an opportunity to do very little for an excellent return...

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

John

I think you personally have done far more to promote the sale of this car to the Jensen community than our bric-a-brac/house clearance auctioning friends in Sidmouth. They must have thought all their Christmases had come at once.

I feel sorry for the vendor who I am sure deserves more than the deal he has signed up to here. Opening the bidding at £36k on Saleroom puts the first bidders potential costs at nearly £46k with commission. Interesting to see how long the bidding lasts...if it ever gets started.
Per

Post by Per »

Frankoid wrote:
Per wrote:
johnw wrote:
I think its OK, It has the Dunlop M/C and the internal packing retaining bolt above the spacer washer... Picture of FF 245 with working Dunlop FF servo for comparison
245 has the correct for FF Girling mc, this one has dunlop which is correct for Interceptor.
Per
ascotts1

Post by ascotts1 »

Pymmie wrote:If anyone is interested the auction can be viewed online tomorrow around 10am

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auct ... 4100e436b5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In my opinion the marketing and sale has been wrongly handled with the actually owner likley to get over 40% less than what
the buyer hands over.

I think the auction house saw an opportunity to do very little for an excellent return...

John P
Wow, 27.5% Buyers commission! Who is that careless to enter a car at an auction with such an obscene buyers commission, let alone whatever the sellers commission is!! Looks a great opportunity for someone, good luck out there! :-)
1974 Mk III 2240/9345, 1970 FF 127/227
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Sold in the room

£80,000. Plus premiums

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
ascotts1

Post by ascotts1 »

Pymmie wrote:Sold in the room

£80,000. Plus premiums

John P
So, GBP102,000 all up and probably the dullest auctioneer presentation I've ever heard, it seems you were right earlier about easy profit for little effort!!

Congrats to the new owner and I look froward to another FF hopefully being put right and back on the on the road again! :-)
1974 Mk III 2240/9345, 1970 FF 127/227
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Sounded like the bidder was in the room so saved himself the internet premium at nearly £5k....£97,280.

Return to “Cars For Sale”