FF 127/249 Rosso Red Reg FF3300

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Peter Rothery

Re: FF 127/249 Rosso Red Reg FF3300

Post by Peter Rothery »

kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

IK recently spoke with the Knowlegable Man and told him about the car not "quiet" selling at 82K. He lit a fag had a suck on his brown paper wrapped bottle and mused that probably the seller should put a price on this "antique" and stop messing about with auctions. "If offered 80K...grab it and run." These cars do suffer from a feeling that they are prone to go wrong and hard to find some one willing to fix. Surprised Mark Donohoe (Sydney) hasn't had an urge. When first made the only thing to see different from the standard Interceptor was the two side vents and priced at over 1K more. It was reported possible buyers wanted a little more glitz to show the extra spend and (as with the standard Interceptor) many problems. Including excessive fuel consumption. This is no doubt an excellent car and apparently in good mechanical condition. I notice that neither Pym or Dave took her for a drive. It's possible to get temporary insurance and if the absence of insurance was the reason for no test drive then that is a pity. The question must be asked...does she run well? I would say after hardly any use over the years perhaps this car may have mechanical problems which of course should be fixed before a potential buyer turns up. Meanwhile perhaps a Yaris for the times......Kenny38
DPP

Post by DPP »

Kenny, Pymmie and myself went to see the seller to offer our advice on selling the car and to let him know exactly what he had and give him our opinion on its condition.
I have trade insurance but this car had been stored for a while and could have had problems with the brakes or something else like any car stood idle so why would I risk damaging somebody else's car and claim on my insurance when we were just offering free friendly advice.
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
johnw

Post by johnw »

The advert says meticulously maintained, if something needed to be done it's been done. That would suggest to me that I could drive it home without a worry, that is wears fresh tyres, new oil and is serviced. The rear bumper is rusty it seems. Is the dehumidifier still running in the garage? It gives the feeling that Arthur Daily wrote that description.

I think £250 on a years fully comp insurance, a new MOT, and a run to a show or two and a JOC meeting would have shown them what their dad really had, good or bad. No one would be speculating.

To believe that description I would like to see a recent invoice for new engine oil and filter, new brake fluid and system flush/bled, compression test results, a video of the engine idling and sight of oil and temp gauges, a 5 min diy phone quality video of the car driving to the shops, up to 60 on a dual carriageway, listen for strange noises, hear it shift gear. Finally an MOT pass with obviously no mention of chassis corrosion if I am to believe meticulously maintained and wants for nothing. It should fetch much more with that.

As to value, an honest write up, along the lines with failed MOT listing siezed calliper, dodgy handbrake, wonky indicator, this £85K car could easily be a low mileage £100k plus car with faults attended to.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

£73,000 this time..."Reserve nearly met".
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

I have the sellers email & phone number if anyone is

interested in the car …

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Here we go again.....starting 2nd May.

https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/ ... kii-n9ZPO4
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Finally appears to have been sold at £80k.

Return to “Cars For Sale”