SP - Yellow - Retaining factory feelings

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
nrb993

SP - Yellow - Retaining factory feelings

Post by nrb993 »

Incredible SP come up on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1973-JENSEN- ... 1#viTabs_0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But, it is marked up so much it is not acceptable from the price I bidded and lost back in the summer

It is a really nice SP, I know I sat in it and studied it but I lost the closed bid on it.

If you want the best SP to restore, this is definitely it. The tools in the boot were all there too

All the Best
Neil
:D JOC Interceptor Registrar 8)
Restoring JH2
Interceptor MK III 'H' series - yellow
Used to own FFII - 127/223 :lol:
-- JOC 5114 --
CF-105

Re: SP - Yellow - Retaining factory feelings

Post by CF-105 »

Looks like a very pretty hole to pour a lot of money into. :)
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Must be the car that was a barn find last year:

More details / photos :

https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... d&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
rudidl

Post by rudidl »

I also bid on this car last summer. I’ve seen it first hand. A lot of work, but if you do a lot yourselves the car can be saved.
It’s a pitty the current price is triple of what I think the car is worth (and bid). I remember the owner really needed the money. Somebody is trying to make a lot of money here.

If you bid on this you should know the bottom half is completely rotten. The engine has not run properly in 30 years. The car was parked due to brake problems if I remember correctly. The rear side is particularly rotten because it sat in a garage with a semi-open garage door. The glass and inside though looked really good.
Jensen 541 1956 1165803
Austin-Healey BN6 1958 BN6L/571
Jensen C-V8 Mk III 1965 112/2365
Jensen Interceptor Mk III 1974 2211/1270
Jensen-Healey Mk II 1974 14496
Jaguar XJS-C V12 1987
Fiat Barchetta 1996
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

rudidl wrote:I also bid on this car last summer. I’ve seen it first hand. A lot of work, but if you do a lot yourselves the car can be saved.
It’s a pitty the current price is triple of what I think the car is worth (and bid). I remember the owner really needed the money. Somebody is trying to make a lot of money here.

If you bid on this you should know the bottom half is completely rotten. The engine has not run properly in 30 years. The car was parked due to brake problems if I remember correctly. The rear side is particularly rotten because it sat in a garage with a semi-open garage door. The glass and inside though looked really good.
That's such a shame you missed the bid to buy this SP, should have stepped up more, to many wanting these fine cars for f all money, it says completely in the add that the Jensen requires a full body restoration nothing hidden what so ever, and its price is triple what you think its worth that's you,,,your opinion not mine, this SP is the perfect car to restore retaining everything it was born with, oh did I mention in the add its been laid up for over 30 yrs ah yes I did and that it was laid up due to brake problems ah yes I did, did I mention I had it running briefly from a can,, ah yes I did,, pretty much covered all that you are moaning about, and if you remember the SP was up for bid not because the then owner was short on money but because it was time for him to move on, I bid won, you bid lost, :wink: :wink: :wink: and they are all a lot of work,, go find me a SP like this i will give you 25k for it right now i know you will not find one
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
nrb993

Post by nrb993 »

Sorry Duncan, we are just Jensen enthusiasts.
:D JOC Interceptor Registrar 8)
Restoring JH2
Interceptor MK III 'H' series - yellow
Used to own FFII - 127/223 :lol:
-- JOC 5114 --
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

nrb993 wrote:Sorry Duncan, we are just Jensen enthusiasts.

Yes and that's why my beautifull FF bombed at auction because people have no faith in the values of our prized Jensens, I might sell them but I have been a owner and enthusiast since 1978 that's a long time,,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
rudidl

Post by rudidl »

Well I hope you get a good bid on this car. Eventually the value of a car is what the buyer wants to pay for it.

Two years ago I lost another bit on an SP, US$43000. This car wasn’t perfect but it had no rust, and a perfectly restored engine. A complete history was available. The buyer repainted it, did some small repairs and tried selling it for US$70000 or so. It sold 1 year later for US$43000. Whatever you think this yellow SP is worth, that US car was a far better deal. I am still angry at myself I didn’t buy it. There will be other SP’s, I am sure.
Jensen 541 1956 1165803
Austin-Healey BN6 1958 BN6L/571
Jensen C-V8 Mk III 1965 112/2365
Jensen Interceptor Mk III 1974 2211/1270
Jensen-Healey Mk II 1974 14496
Jaguar XJS-C V12 1987
Fiat Barchetta 1996
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

rudidl wrote:Well I hope you get a good bid on this car. Eventually the value of a car is what the buyer wants to pay for it.

Two years ago I lost another bit on an SP, US$43000. This car wasn’t perfect but it had no rust, and a perfectly restored engine. A complete history was available. The buyer repainted it, did some small repairs and tried selling it for US$70000 or so. It sold 1 year later for US$43000. Whatever you think this yellow SP is worth, that US car was a far better deal. I am still angry at myself I didn’t buy it. There will be other SP’s, I am sure.

Yes you should have bought it not teased yourself like most folk do, there are teasers n doers in this job,you regret the things you don't do,That sp far better deal I think not is lhd that hurts it, and was also butchered in many ways, so horses for courses , this yellow SP unmolested rusty yes will restore magnifico, :wink:
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Phil Hayes

Post by Phil Hayes »

Thats the way to get them ....UN MOLESTED! hope the lucky buyer maintains that originality.
That has got to be the last one on earth!
SP 131-4777
archie
The Mild Child

Post by archie »

Hi chassis SP no 2 forsale if anybody is intrested

Return to “Cars For Sale”