1967 Vignale bodied FF for sale

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Pymmie

1967 Vignale bodied FF for sale

Post by Pymmie »

This has appeared on Car & Classic :

Link : https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1180190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would guess its 119/016 as it was in Sweden a few years back

Price : POA

John P
Attachments
772.jpg
772.jpg (594.2 KiB) Viewed 7337 times
771.jpg
771.jpg (523.14 KiB) Viewed 7337 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
cannonball

Re: 1967 Vignale bodied FF for sale

Post by cannonball »

I hope that tailgate aint shut and the door looks off colour,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Grant

Post by Grant »

cannonball wrote:I hope that tailgate aint shut and the door looks off colour,
Don't forget it is a Vignale Car Dunc..Boy they had some strange ole shapes going on the Vignale onesImage, they weren't a patch on the quality of cars that came from the factoryImage, they really were terrible when you look at them... Obviously I have no clue if that tailgate is open or closed or if it originally left Vignale like that, but I'm just saying what I have noticed over the years of studying these cars being such the freak that I amImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Grant wrote:
Don't forget it is a Vignale Car Dunc..Boy they had some strange ole shapes going on the Vignale onesImage, they weren't a patch on the quality of cars that came from the factoryImage, they really were terrible when you look at them... Obviously I have no clue if that tailgate is open or closed or if it originally left Vignale like that, but I'm just saying what I have noticed over the years of studying these cars being such the freak that I amImage
if its had 75k spent on it Grant I doubt you would want off colours and poor panel gaps wether it came from vignale or not like that :shock: :shock:
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Never mind the tailgate gap... It might be the angle of the pic, but the passenger door window looks way off.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Pymmie wrote:This has appeared on Car & Classic :

Link : https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1180190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would guess its 119/016 as it was in Sweden a few years back

Price : POA

John P
If it is, it was originally up for £175,000 in 2017
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Fishyboy

Post by Fishyboy »

Richie,
I thought that all Jensen's came with window frames like that.
Here is one of mine
(before I fixed it)
https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29958" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil
Attachments
Photo 1.JPG
Photo 1.JPG (70.12 KiB) Viewed 7233 times
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588 - Now sold
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Amazing your right its a mile off :roll: :roll: :roll: if it was 175 someone is in for a massive hit,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Helen

Post by Helen »

I actually saw this car last week in the local garage! It looked good and the panel fit seemed to be very good (although I wasn't judging it)! The blue interior trim is very nice. There was a lot of interest in Paul's FF at the NEC so it will be interesting to see how quickly this sells.
Helen Newby
J-H II/FF II
kenny38

Duncans FF

Post by kenny38 »

Duncan, my jensen which I have ownedfor 32 years now since I was 18 has a gappy boot lid similar to the FF pictured which the factory guys told me was "normal" when I enquired back 30 years ago. It has never been shunted.....it was just the way it came and I have a letter from the first owner complaining to the factory about it.

Re your recent "Oh flower it...sell!" FF. I once knew a small time developer and he said " in thirty years of buying and selling property, I have never found the right time buyer/price. It's never the right time to buy or sell. Try the stock market!". He quite literally, eventually, fell under a bus. I gave a eulogy and said he was a rogue but a reasonable guy. The church was full of sun glasses and pin stripe suits. 8) Duncan, if you are correct that the sky is falling....well perhaps in a years time you will be smug in getting out now. It's always the right time to sell or buy for that matter. No one can read the market.We all get it wrong. I love your work. kenny38
cannonball

Re: Duncans FF

Post by cannonball »

kenny38 wrote:Duncan, my jensen which I have ownedfor 32 years now since I was 18 has a gappy boot lid similar to the FF pictured which the factory guys told me was "normal" when I enquired back 30 years ago. It has never been shunted.....it was just the way it came and I have a letter from the first owner complaining to the factory about it.

Re your recent "Oh flower it...sell!" FF. I once knew a small time developer and he said " in thirty years of buying and selling property, I have never found the right time buyer/price. It's never the right time to buy or sell. Try the stock market!". He quite literally, eventually, fell under a bus. I gave a eulogy and said he was a rogue but a reasonable guy. The church was full of sun glasses and pin stripe suits. 8) Duncan, if you are correct that the sky is falling....well perhaps in a years time you will be smug in getting out now. It's always the right time to sell or buy for that matter. No one can read the market.We all get it wrong. I love your work. kenny38
Hello Kenny,

it just surprises how cars can be advertised as the best thing on the planet if this is the ff I am pretty sure it was on sale for 150-175k a couple of yrs ago and that sort of thing bad gaps poor paint matches between doors quarters and fenders because painters insist on painting parts separate annoys the hell out of me, maybe I have become ocd I don't know,, and by the way I have a SP here unmolested from new the tailgate fit and door gaps are second to none so either someone has been porky pie telling or yours was built on a Friday last thing, hope you are well I can see the old blue tarps being hard to buy from diy shops soon,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
FFPL

Post by FFPL »

The Vignale cars use a different set of seals and the newer ones (which this car has) will prevent it being adjusted properly. Same with the bonnet seal.
This particular car doesn't have a vignale front end. Its a MK2 FF front panel and the wings look like they are simulated to look like vignale with the deep set vents. There are older pictures of this car with standard wings.
johnw

Post by johnw »

FFPL wrote:
The Vignale cars use a different set of seals and the newer ones (which this car has) will prevent it being adjusted properly. Same with the bonnet seal.
This particular car doesn't have a vignale front end. Its a MK2 FF front panel and the wings look like they are simulated to look like vignale with the deep set vents. There are older pictures of this car with standard wings.
Does anyone know what is is/was available for price wise? I contacted them and they said they would let me know later. They referenced previous advertised prices of £170K etc.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Per

Post by Per »

FFPL wrote:
All early Int/FF had a taller rear seal, I bought what was supposed to be the last NOS from JP&S ca 1985. According to Ian Orford it took some time to master the art of making a tail gate that fitted properly.
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)

Return to “Cars For Sale”