The story of selling an FF by auction.....

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

The story of selling an FF by auction.....

Post by Joerg »

https://ebay.us/r2bkgH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice colour btw.
Last edited by Joerg on Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
grottenolm

Re: Cannonball is selling an FF

Post by grottenolm »

Wow, this car is a statement. If I just had some spare space and cash.
Interceptor MK2
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

grottenolm wrote:Wow, this car is a statement. If I just had some spare space and cash.
I was just thinking the same.

Really keenly priced as well.
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
johnw

Post by johnw »

It is a Mk1 as well! Good to see the seller posting underneath pictures of the transfer box, front diff (in the correct colour). All looks gorgeous. Love to see the correct Cibie fog/spotlights in full chrome. Getting difficult to find the fully chromed versions now.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

@John
Are Cibie correct for MK1 FF?
I have 4 new ones and have never fitted them cause I thought it should bei anything Lucas.
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
johnw

Post by johnw »

Joerg wrote:@John
I have 4 new ones and have never fitted them cause I thought it should bei anything Lucas.
Well the Jensen supplied FF ski slope car MEA444F clearly has the Cibie fog lights fitted in the period road test photos. They have a slightly different shape to the surround compared to the Lucas ones. FF 122 came with Cibie fog lights and that was unused since the late 70s. I have never seen Lucas lights on a Mk1 come to think of it. Mk3's always seem to have the Lucas ones.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Joerg wrote:@John
Probably all explained in Richard Calver's Original Interceptor & FF book. I know he mentions the Cibie lights as my car had them fitted in the factory by special order from the 1st owner. As I recall (without looking in the book) they were not a common fitment.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Now at Brooklands Historics auction Saturday 23rd November

https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auct ... r-ff-mk-i/

That only gives me just under 2 weeks to save up :(
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Michael Richardson

Post by Michael Richardson »

See my post just below. Cannonball offered this beautiful FF on the Bay at 60K. ...It should have found a buyer,but obviously not
Now it is up for auction later this month,estimate 73 - 80K.one assumes that the vendor wants to get back 60K or very close. IF it sells,to meet his baseline,then the new owner will be into around 80K,or a bit more,depending on the final hammer. Is this not my point. ? ?
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Michael Richardson wrote:See my post just below. Cannonball offered this beautiful FF on the Bay at 60K. ...It should have found a buyer,but obviously not
Now it is up for auction later this month,estimate 73 - 80K.one assumes that the vendor wants to get back 60K or very close. IF it sells,to meet his baseline,then the new owner will be into around 80K,or a bit more,depending on the final hammer. Is this not my point. ? ?

You are wrong, I advertised the FF on ebay for £87,750.00 not 60k, and me getting 60k sure wont cut it, I had offers on the car but were px offers and I did not fancy the cars offered, so I decided to try it through a auction, bad for me is Jensen prices have tumbled missed the boat as they say by circa 18 months, I doubt any FF could now muster 100k this FF of mine is certainly a 125k car in a good climate, but missed it now its raining, I do not have room to store or I could wait til 2060 and sell it then :shock: :D oh hang on i will be dead it can go now, :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Michael Richardson

Post by Michael Richardson »

Sorry C/B ,maybe I misread the bay ad ? But I remember you saying that the offer price was right on the money,and I agree with that. If we start going into six figures, .well good luck with that ,the whole market is down at the moment for anything other than top,top special cars,
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Michael Richardson wrote:Sorry C/B ,maybe I misread the bay ad ? But I remember you saying that the offer price was right on the money,and I agree with that. If we start going into six figures, .well good luck with that ,the whole market is down at the moment for anything other than top,top special cars,
sorry Michael I do not understand by you saying I said the offer price was right on the money ???????
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
johnw

Post by johnw »

Michael Richardson wrote:Sorry C/B ,maybe I misread the bay ad ? But I remember you saying that the offer price was right on the money,and I agree with that. If we start going into six figures, .well good luck with that ,the whole market is down at the moment for anything other than top,top special cars,
Pristine FFs are top, top special cars. Always have been circa twice an Interceptor. Complete cars never went for less than £2K, when Interceptors were £500 in similar shape. A few have sold at over £100K. Less than 300 made, less than 200 of the currently most desirable Mk1. 3000 300SLK's made, prices close to £1m. E-Type prices still a bit silly given 30,000+ made. The FF is a very limited supply car compared to the Interceptor, and most people can't restore one to this condition for that money. Hagarty listed prices for FFs have not dropped, however, listed prices for Interceptors have dropped for anything except super top Concourse condition cars. That seems to suggest that you can't buy an Interceptor and turn it into a new quality car for less than the top money. It doesn't make sense to buy a new luxury car, but new cars do sell at list prices on occasion. I know of someone, a young person, who recently paid double Hagarty top money for an 80s Ferrari with delivery miles and was basically brand new, then started driving it. It gives me hope for future generations. :D.
montpellier

Post by montpellier »

Current sales climate for almost any car is brutal. Lack of confidence in short term a big factor prices are notably reduced on all cars, so Jensen is not immune. This is a lovely FF and what a colour. I hope you get a decent price at auction as it is impossible to get an FF to such a nice level without notable expenditure well in excess of guide.
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Good luck Duncan.
What an awesome looking car.

Return to “Cars For Sale”