Mk3 at Mathewsons auction 2nd Nov

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Michael Richardson

Re: Mk3 at Mathewsons auction 2nd Nov

Post by Michael Richardson »

Bidding on eBay to 'Dave' finished overnight. Last offer...£14030, so the plan to flip it for a quick profit has not yet worked out.
Think this particular car needs plenty of work judging by how long it has been laid up.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Michael Richardson wrote:Bidding on eBay to 'Dave' finished overnight. Last offer...£14030, so the plan to flip it for a quick profit has not yet worked out.
Think this particular car needs plenty of work judging by how long it has been laid up.
2 yrs ago it was a 22k car Jensens suck once again,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

cannonball wrote:
Michael Richardson wrote:Bidding on eBay to 'Dave' finished overnight. Last offer...£14030, so the plan to flip it for a quick profit has not yet worked out.
2 yrs ago it was a 22k car Jensens suck once again,,
A lot of classics are struggling to get the prices they were fetching 12 months ago, maybe it is Brexit or just a general down turn but I know of a couple of good classics that are struggling to find new owners and I suspect the prices will have to drop a bit more sadly.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
GregMVF4

Post by GregMVF4 »

So I guess the white one in H&H (8k miles, guided at 40-50) will be an interesting lot!
JOC Member 10876

Currently own:
SIII Mk4 Nevis Blue Interceptor. 2018 E63S AMG Estate. 2015 Corvette C7 Z06/07. 1986 BMW 635CSi. 2006 E60 BMW M5
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

GregMVF4 wrote:So I guess the white one in H&H (8k miles, guided at 40-50) will be an interesting lot!
If it does money it will be down to its mileage nothing else, its very sad
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
GregMVF4

Post by GregMVF4 »

It is Duncan - there is a very nice MKI on The Market for 29k! And that red one that’s been on eBay for a while at around 30 IIRC - only in June, that blue one at Goodwood made 30 plus premium, and it wasn’t all that! Weird - I guess it just proves the point that you should buy cars like these to love them, not to try and make a buck :0)
JOC Member 10876

Currently own:
SIII Mk4 Nevis Blue Interceptor. 2018 E63S AMG Estate. 2015 Corvette C7 Z06/07. 1986 BMW 635CSi. 2006 E60 BMW M5
Michael Richardson

Post by Michael Richardson »

Steve. We can put thousands of things down to Brexit ! , but as far as classic cars are concerned,the problem is much more worldwide.The banks pay zilch on any funds you have,so forget them, one has to look at other ways to hopefully invest for the future. I believe the last two recessions in our marketplace were due to too much borrowed money by 'experts' who did their dough when interest rates went sky high. Therefore the market ,with rates as low as anyone has ever seen over the period since the motor car was invented,why is it depressed now ? I wish we knew the answer. There is no global recession,world war etc. There are more and more wealthy people around the world.....For cars,it will recover e ven if in 20 - 40 years time your pride and joy will join the art market,not hanging on the wall at home,but sitting in the garage for you to admire.....right now,if you are an owner,I think the best advise is,sit on your hands--wait and see.
By the way, re this thread...…...old motor trade quote----------Anyone can buy a car,you just have to put your hand up. Easy. Selling it is a different matter,that is where the skill comes in. Difficult.

Return to “Cars For Sale”