Interceptor Wanted

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
garyc

Re: Interceptor Wanted

Post by garyc »

Hello guys

As Eddie says would be good to meet up and chat with you Marcus on Saturday

I love an E type especially a 2+2 although most people seem to prefer the earlier models

Just a heads up though you might not recognise us from Eddies description a more accurate one is look for a very manly well built good looking grey haired guy.....me .....standing next to a very short orange tanned guy who dresses like hes walked off the only way is essex tv show and thats Ed :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GaryC
Grant

Post by Grant »

Rather than all the discriptions Marcus here are some pics for you so that you know who to look for if you do attend Image
Here's Gary at our last recent JOC meet >>
>>
My New Out fit for Joc Int.jpg
My New Out fit for Joc Int.jpg (35.37 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
And Eddy a short while back at the Concours d'élégance >>
>>
photo (28).JPG
photo (28).JPG (92.79 KiB) Viewed 4445 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

I will look out for you chaps, thank you. I suspect that Eddie may have paid a visit to the orthodontist from when that photo was taken, therefore I may not recognise him :D
R.D. Sigi Herring

Post by R.D. Sigi Herring »

Hey Marcus,

I'm just getting my Int III ready to sell.
I got it through Andy (Appleyards) a couple of years ago.....just after it had been completely restored.
I've put about 5000 trouble free miles on it......regular 3x 5x hour trips on the motorway / dual carriageway etc. from Somerset to Goodwood in nonstop trips.
Easy.

Selling it because of :
1-School Fees
2-The SP needed a bit of a refresh
3-pointless having 2x Jensens (can only drive 1x at a time)
4-etc...

Price will be market rate....!
Interior could do with a tickle, but bodywork is absolutely spot on.
Lewi at Pale Classics had it a few weeks ago, to give it a service & check over.

54000 genuine miles, with the full history from new.
Absolutely perfect to finish off.....as its near done.

Buzz me....or text.

07900 055044
CURRENT GARAGE
An entertaining collection of British & German bits of metal, that are now being sold off.
JOC Nr. 10180
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Here’s a photo of it I took at Haynes last year..

John P
Attachments
1B0A9AD1-9588-4954-86A8-7180E5BBB4E8.jpeg
1B0A9AD1-9588-4954-86A8-7180E5BBB4E8.jpeg (239.63 KiB) Viewed 4322 times
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
MarcusH

Post by MarcusH »

Thanks for the info.
Will give you a call later.
Marcus
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Not really on topic but just asking an opinion. I have an Interceptor SP build 131/4592 1972. I am 3rd owner and have dribble restored her over 30 years. Body is rust free according to a pro restorer last July with new bonnet fitted at time. Mechanically excellent with literally no expense spared on work ALWAYS carried out by pros. Interiour very good. Mileage 112K from last 30 years. Very quick I.E 0-100 5.7. driving is without exaggerating like a new car. No over heating......ever since radiator changed many years ago. Everything is (excepting engine) with some minor under bonnet improvements original. Respray last year to Toyota Lone Pine a very nice colour.
Am considering selling my SP build 131/4592 and am in Australia. Not much of a market here as auctions are heavy with basically over the top priced Aussie "icons" cars ie GT 351 Ford Falcons/Monaros. Basically morphed into red neck territory.New money.
However when car was purchased 30 years ago I took too Scorchers Ltd for opinion. They were blunt "give us an open cheque book and we can look at it". Upshot was they found the original block was f*(^%$ed as they found it had been used as a race pace car for some years running on red hot. Was already rebored out 60 so they pulled it out and put in a completely new one and fitted all new oversized pistons /headers and built to new specs with 6 pack removed as was dangerous and now fitted with new 780 street Avenger Holley on an Edelbrock Torker 440
New brake pistons fitted plus new discs over the years. Back then no one really cared much about Jensen "originality" and matching numbers on many car models. Easy convert to 6 pack.
Overall i have to say would gain a 3 on insurance Hagerty's. An elegant car but I have age limitations ...81.... and have some licence restrictions. Not concourse by any means but might get a bronze. Question is how much in a 10,000sq meter ball park price range is she worth in UK. I will probally sell her in Australia eventually though. Will be a sad day until my Ferrari arrives :lol: Thoughts please. Kenny38 :roll:
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Hi Kenny.

Perhaps it might be better to set up a new thread under Members Cars page and post pictures of your SP - all 4 sides and engine interior boot etc. Which will give people on the forum a better impression of the car and may help with comments. Tim Clark is the registrar covering SPs so suggest you drop him a PM or wait until he sees the pictures. Clearly, pictures only tell part of the story and cannot beat eyeballing the car and running your hands over it - especially to check out sills, arches etc including profile and gaps. But as you said, you're only looking for a ball park value.

My twopennyworth would be a non SP motor will compromise its value and desirability the further up the price scale you go. Also, the fit of the new bonnet and whether it looks integral with the rest of the car when viewed, would be important.

But a rust free SP is a rarity - and as Cannonball has posted earlier, SP engines come up for sale (if that's what the new owner wants) and replacement 6 packs can still be sourced.

Be sad if you sold it though Kenny. Keep terrorising the local neighbourhood I say!
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

Kenny,
Why not give your car to the Pom in Sydney? (me) or I'd happily exchange it for a couple of my goats. Plus the sheep. She took a shine to you last time you were here.
I could do with a Jensen fix whilst I'm down under.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Mark1Stu wrote:Hi Kenny.

Perhaps it might be better to set up a new thread under Members Cars page and post pictures of your SP - all 4 sides and engine interior boot etc. Which will give people on the forum a better impression of the car and may help with comments. Tim Clark is the registrar covering SPs so suggest you drop him a PM or wait until he sees the pictures. Clearly, pictures only tell part of the story and cannot beat eyeballing the car and running your hands over it - especially to check out sills, arches etc including profile and gaps. But as you said, you're only looking for a ball park value.

My twopennyworth would be a non SP motor will compromise its value and desirability the further up the price scale you go. Also, the fit of the new bonnet and whether it looks integral with the rest of the car when viewed, would be important.

But a rust free SP is a rarity - and as Cannonball has posted earlier, SP engines come up for sale (if that's what the new owner wants) and replacement 6 packs can still be sourced.

Be sad if you sold it though Kenny. Keep terrorising the local neighbourhood I say!

Hello Kenny u old goat. the best possible way you could sell that sp would be to ship it to England to croperdy have them get it ready and on sale they will achieve the very best possible price of any outlet, i dooubt it can do 0-100 kilometers in that time more like 7 seconds still not bad for a car weighing 3,800lbs, get some pics up mucker
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Thanks for replies, gents. I was feeling a bit low recently especially after the Strange Affair of Diesel in the Tank. Had a lovely reply from Dino and went down to garage falling down last two steps and just stood looking at her. Upshot is my missus is terrified i will buy an Armstrong stretched Sapphire all black and was used by queensland govenor for official duties. She can't see herself in that. Well i love that Jensen and have decided not to considor selling. After 30 years she is an integral part of my life. Through all the bad times and now good times. These cars can be divorce making. Duncan, re your disbelief about times. When new engine put in it was "substancially warmed up' with all the right new gear. Car was put through her paces a couple of years back at a track meet via local club. Professionals at the driving got 0-100 in 5.7 and a quarter mile was timed at 13.6. I'm not disputing their conclusions. There must be plenty of Jensen's out there that can match at least these figures with all the go faster stuff available. Wot an old heart break you are
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

kenny38 wrote:Thanks for replies, gents. I was feeling a bit low recently especially after the Strange Affair of Diesel in the Tank. Had a lovely reply from Dino and went down to garage falling down last two steps and just stood looking at her. Upshot is my missus is terrified i will buy an Armstrong stretched Sapphire all black and was used by queensland govenor for official duties. She can't see herself in that. Well i love that Jensen and have decided not to considor selling. After 30 years she is an integral part of my life. Through all the bad times and now good times. These cars can be divorce making. Duncan, re your disbelief about times. When new engine put in it was "substancially warmed up' with all the right new gear. Car was put through her paces a couple of years back at a track meet via local club. Professionals at the driving got 0-100 in 5.7 and a quarter mile was timed at 13.6. I'm not disputing their conclusions. There must be plenty of Jensen's out there that can match at least these figures with all the go faster stuff available. Wot an old heart break you are

Are you stating 0-100 mph ??????????????? 5.7 your quarter mile time equates to circa 96-98mph
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

cannonball wrote:

Are you stating 0-100 mph ??????????????? 5.7 your quarter mile time equates to circa 96-98mph
I had the same thought until I realised he is in Australia and they do those funny KPH things over.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Next on the list is to decimalize the time. The 60 minutes, 24 hours thing make no sense. Still working on a way to convert the days per year. Not easy. When I was at the garage helping Andi, he asked me to pass him the 11/16 wrench. Took me a while as I was trying to convert it to decimals.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Blessings be upon you. Times are in Kilometers. Must have as testers were using nice looking watches. As they should be there also. Medieval measurments are so boring.....ask your grandchildren. Also they were using satnav to show kph. One of the testers came back visibly shaken :D Beat an E type which didn't have it's usual bags of sand to help steer. kenny38 8)

Return to “Cars For Sale”