Jensen Interceptor Mk3 SWR 20R

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Mark Capehorn

Jensen Interceptor Mk3 SWR 20R

Post by Mark Capehorn »

Dear all

Hope this post finds everyone well.

I'm thinking of selling my Jensen Interceptor Mk3 (chassis no. 1835), registration SWR 20R (yes it was registered in May 1977, although it appears to have been built in 1975!). I've owned the car for over 10 years and during my ownership it has always been looked after by Rejen.

From fifteen paces the car looks great, however on closer inspection you will see the imperfections (alright call it rust etc!). Please see some pictures below or follow the link below for more pics. Happy to take more if there is something in particular you would like to see. The drivers seat is pretty worn out but the other seats aren't bad (but not brilliant).

For more pics go to:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So a quick overview:

Nevis blue
Blue leather with white sheepskin inserts
Walnut dash model
Circa 56,000 miles
MOT'd until 22nd July 2019
An ideal candidate for a rolling restoration, or use it as is and one day go for a full restoration. As I say looks great from a distance but closer inspection will show all the work that does need doing :-(
Mechanically good (starts and runs well, brings a smile to ones face every time)
Been advised that it's worth £20-£25K, but I guess the market will let me know a value
Car is in the Basingstoke area, but could be viewed at my office in Woodley (Reading)

Having been in the JOC since I was 16, SWR 20R was my first experience of Jensen ownership. I bought the car at auction with my late father, one of the pics you see is of him sitting in it after we had secured it at the auction. Thus the car has a lot of nostalgic value to me, so if the offers (assuming anyone is interested in buying it) aren't there I'll keep it. But I have a new house to build and I'm not sure when I'll have the spare funds to undertake a restoration, so would rather someone else take it on, and I would look forward to seeing the car returned to its "as new" glory.

If it does sell it won't be the end of Jensen ownership as we own a genuine RHD convertible, which has been restored and sorted :-)

So there you have it, a lovely colour combo MK3, needing work but a great candidate for using and doing up.

Offering to the JOC community first before advertising anywhere.

I'll try and answer any questions (I'm no mechanic!), thanks for reading/looking.

PM if interested, cheers Mark
Attachments
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG (369.21 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
IMG_0870.JPG
IMG_0870.JPG (303.78 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
IMG_0869.JPG
IMG_0869.JPG (278.82 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
Mark Capehorn

Re: Jensen Interceptor Mk3 SWR 20R

Post by Mark Capehorn »

My apologies for the delay in posting this, but I'm pleased to say SWR has found a new owner.

Sold within 3 hours of posting the original post, thank you JOC forum.

Regards Mark
Martin R

Re: Jensen Interceptor Mk3 SWR 20R

Post by Martin R »

Wow, that was quick! Hopefully gone to a great new home and owner.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “Cars For Sale”