Jensen Interceptor on Bring a Trailer

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
witkowski

Jensen Interceptor on Bring a Trailer

Post by witkowski »

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971- ... 2018-09-28

I liked this comment:

"Hitchhiking in England in 1973, I got a ride in one of these. The driver took it up to 140. Assuming this was kilometers per hour, I calculated we were going 80 mph or so. I wasn’t very impressed because the revs seemed quite high and there was a fair amount of road noise. Then it dawned on me that the speedometer was, in fact, calibrated in mph…"
Grant

Re: Jensen Interceptor on Bring a Trailer

Post by Grant »

This was/is Lee Grover's Mk2, he used to post on here quite a bit, a really nice helpful interesting Chap, He hasn't been on for a year or so now :? .. I always wondered what happened to him, sad :(
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Grant wrote:This was/is Lee Grover's Mk2, he used to post on here quite a bit, a really nice helpful interesting Chap, He hasn't been on for a year or so now :? .. I always wondered what happened to him, sad :(
My thoughts exactly, we had numerous Emails and it all suddenly went quite.

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Grant

Post by Grant »

Steve Payne wrote:My thoughts exactly, we had numerous Emails and it all suddenly went quite. Steve
Yes me too Steve, we used to chat off of the forum, .. I hope for sure it isn't health issue's.. I am going to msg him now Stevey Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Grant wrote:I am going to msg him now Stevey Image
If you read the listing is says the ''late owners Estate'' so I suspect you will be waiting a long time for an answer. :(

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Grant

Post by Grant »

Steve Payne wrote:If you read the listing is says the ''late owners Estate'' so I suspect you will be waiting a long time for an answer. :( Steve
I just read this Steve :cry: >>"This car was one of his babies and he had installed the seats not too long before his sudden passing"... How Sad :cry:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Grant wrote:
Steve Payne wrote:If you read the listing is says the ''late owners Estate'' so I suspect you will be waiting a long time for an answer. :( Steve
I just read this Steve :cry: >>"This car was one of his babies and he had installed the seats not too long before his sudden passing"... How Sad :cry:
Blimey i remember him with his quirky mods, a loss for sure if its a fact, :( :(
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Ahh a sad listing.
very sorry to read of Lee's passing - I always enjoyed reading his posts.
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

Richie wrote:Ahh a sad listing.
very sorry to read of Lee's passing - I always enjoyed reading his posts.
Indeed.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

Lee's brother Dean asked me to post this:

I got this link off the Bring a Trailer website. My brother Lee passed away a little over a year ago. He owned a 1971 Jensen Interceptor and was a member and poster in your forum at JOC. My heart was gladdened to read the nice and respectful comments by other members regarding his participation in forum discussions. If you wouldn't mind posting this, I wanted to share a little information for those members who got to know Lee at least a little bit through the website.

Lee died of a heart attack a year ago August. He was out mowing the lawn when it occurred. My sister and I take a bit of comfort in the fact that he was at least attached to a motor at the very end. Lee had 14 cars of various marques but the Interceptor was definitely one of his favorites. He was a "car guy" to the core and I know that one of his favorite things in life was working on his cars and talking with other, similarly impassioned, owners. We each kept one of his cars. Although it is hard to see them go, neither of us has the room or time to maintain the entire collection. We are very fortunate to have his good friend Dale helping us with the maintenance and sale of some of the cars that were the most important to him including, of course, the Jensen. I am hoping you can post this note to let those members who interacted with Lee through the forum know that he valued their input on his projects and he enjoyed participating in the forum.

Best regards,

Dean Grover
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

unfortunately we don't have a 'thumbs up' on the forum smilies. but a nice post.
Grant

Post by Grant »

I just read this post from Dean, Thank you for infilling us Dean and to Zac for posting it too :wink:
All I can say is that the words from Dean made the hairs on my arms stand-up :cry: :cry: ..It is so sad that this happens to us all at some point, and although we don't always meet everyone in person it always feels that you sort of know the people you talk to on forums personally, I really am saddened of this news of Lee :cry: , we used to talk on the forum and privately as though we were sort of drinking buddiesImage,.. What I really liked about Lee was that he really never had any money (so he said Image ) and he used to make everything from nothing, just bits he would find in the barn and then turn them into things that worked on his Jensen, :cry: :cry: :cry: R.I.P Lee, from your Electronic Friend GrantImage
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

I, too, am sorry to hear at Lee’s passing.

Good luck on the sale of his car.

He gave me some good advice with my car about a year ago. He was friendly and respectful person... A credit to Jensen community.

Rocky
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Robinson D

Post by Robinson D »

Now for sale by the Beverly Hills Car Club:

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic ... /101050383" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A much better car than they usually offer.
Restoring a MKII, 125/5052
Robinson D

Post by Robinson D »

Apparently sold. Just dropped from eBay and Autotrader.
Restoring a MKII, 125/5052

Return to “Cars For Sale”