Interceptor on BaT (East Coast USA)

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
RockyUSA

Interceptor on BaT (East Coast USA)

Post by RockyUSA »

Not my car - just looked like a pretty good one to me.

Not a real SP, but had EFI and a 6-pack air cleaner...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972- ... 2018-08-16
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Robinson D

Re: Interceptor on BaT (East Coast USA)

Post by Robinson D »

2210/9902. Looks like the hard work has been done.
Restoring a MKII, 125/5052
MB356

Post by MB356 »

I would be curious what the original spec for 2210/9902 was. I was not aware of Roman Bronze as an original colour. As mentioned, not an original SP.
Looking for my first Interceptor...
johnw

Post by johnw »

This car has six pack throttle bodies and injection. Someone commented that these systems are reasonably priced. Do they work like a traditional six-pack with just the centre carb at low speeds?
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Julian

Post by Julian »

Lots of tweaks that not everyone might like but as you say it looks like the hard stuff is done.

On the exhaust it looks like they run over the top of the axle. Not seen that before.

One plea. Wonky wipers are as bad as wonky spots. Was it really too hard to set them correctly?
BMW M635csi (Dinan 3.8) & 1976 Interceptor Convertible
AN89AG

Post by AN89AG »

The 6-pack EFI is sourced from a JOC member, Bruce Bridges (aka bkbridges) and his website is http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I am in the process getting a system installed on my car. When I bought the car 3 years ago, it came with an older Holley throttle body EFI (c1990) that still works, sort of. I needed to either go back to carb, go with a more conventional TB-EFI at $2000-$2500 or go all-in for the 6-pack at c$5000. I elected to go all-in, though I must admit, I large part of my decision was that Bruce is an outstanding individual! He rescued me early-on when I first bought the car, and he and a buddy did some work on it to assure it was functioning and safe before I took possession.

If you want to know more about the system, get in touch with Bruce.

John
John
1973 Interceptor Mk III
#140-8965
bkbridges

Post by bkbridges »

John,
Hope your installation is going well! Im here to help (now that Im back from Bonneville...)
The system allows cruising on the center body only, effectively pushing the peak torque down about 700rpm for better drive ability and tune ability, sort of like the carbureted systems, only with a smooth power delivery and total control over the throttle opening. We make then for drive ability and performance, and they look pretty good as well. Whoever buys the car for sale should realize that we have a new owner transferable life time warranty on the mechanical bits in the kit (throttlebodies, manifold , fuel rails).
Bruce
Bruce K Bridges
2210/9272
125/5090
119/170
www.fbthrottlebodies.com
johnw

Post by johnw »

I understand a Six Pack doesn't fit an FF (with an aftermarket 383 manifold), due to stock air cleaner hitting the hood. Bruce, do you know if your billet air cleaner fits under the hood of an FF with a six pack?
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
bkbridges

Post by bkbridges »

John,
The 6bbl manifold for the 383 is lower than the 440s and the throttle bodies are only 2 in tall. Our billet air cleaner adds about 2" to the total height. It should fit fine. That would be a nice upgrade, as in any restomod youll need a bigger alternator and a few more circuit brekers to deal with the new electronics! I can verify on mine.
Bruce
Bruce K Bridges
2210/9272
125/5090
119/170
www.fbthrottlebodies.com

Return to “Cars For Sale”