FF for sale at Cotswold collector cars

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
johnw

Re: FF for sale at Cotswold collector cars

Post by johnw »

kenny38 wrote: Did you ever get your finger back from that bleeding dyke? Kenny38 :D
Come on Kenny, that one was a bit below the waterline! :D :lol:
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Awwh Jeez John. That remark put me off the gin and valium. let's hope we do not encourage any posts with similar gawd awful puns or the like. Kenny38 8)
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Hi Martin. Did you ever get out of the house and have a look at this car? kenny38 8)
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I'm afraid I haven't had any opportunity to get to see it yet and I am currently away.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

I'd forgotten about this FF and today, purely because I'd never been, I visited Cotswold Collectable Cars.
The car looks very presentable but clearly had some work in the past.
It was owned until some years ago by Ulric Woodhams, so any interested party might consider a chat with him.
The rear wheel arches have been replaced and unfortunately, you can see the welds through the paint. However, they do not appear rusty and the swage lines look decent.
A little rust is on the leading edge of the bonnet. One A-panel is a little odd at the bottom, looking as though whoever worked on it, couldn't quite make the A-panel fit properly at the bottom corner close to the leading edge of the door.
I did not look underneath the car.
The current owner spent paid about the same as it's currently for sale but has spent circa 20k on "mechanicals" with Cropredy. I did not read the comprehensive Cropredy report that accompanies the car.
The Maxerett is missing.
Under the bonnet looks pretty tidy.
Some nice early features such as opening quarter lights and no rear vents around the Jensen scripts.
The interior looks to be original and rather dry. Needs some TLC to return it to being supple.
MK3 rear windscreen is fitted.
The chrome Rostyle wheels are in useable but generally poor condition. The chrome on some "might" clean up to a better condition but it's hard to tell without actually getting the 000 grade wire wool (or other polish) out.
You could probably buy and enjoy this car for a few years (assuming underneath is OK) and later, spend money on a re-spray, incorporating sorting out the poor old wheelarch and A-panel repairs.
Even if you spent 20k having this work done, allowing for a few unforeseen nasties, I'd say it's not a bad buy, given the current high values of the very best FF's.
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905
Martin R

Post by Martin R »

This car sold a few weeks ago, apparently to someone in Kent.
For the record: 119/022
FF MK1 119/100
Interceptor MK3 136/8514
JOC Member 8905

Return to “Cars For Sale”