Sad Day - OBP 2M 1973 Interceptor III For Sale as a Project

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
mustbemad

Sad Day - OBP 2M 1973 Interceptor III For Sale as a Project

Post by mustbemad »

I never thought I would be writing this post, but changes in circumstances, life, a new business etc. etc. (all positive, thankfully) have meant plans have had to be reviewed, so unfortunately I have decided to sell my Interceptor as a project.

It is a 1973 Mark III, 7.2 L, black interior, with approximately 75,000 miles on it. OBP 2M has been in the club quite a few years
Was running, driving brilliantly and used regularly (the first Interceptor ever to go up the KopHill hill climb) - it wasn’t a rotter at all, but as it was going to be a keeper, I decided I wanted to go for a full nut and bolt restoration, so took it off the road and gave it to Colin Holley - if there was a sniff of rust or damage, I got him to go the whole hog.

Stripped, and all parts boxed, bagged and labelled with a complete inventory
Hundreds of photos from the strip down
A complete body resto by Colin Holley, now in primer, (so you can choose your colour) and stored in a Carcoon since I got it back from him a couple of months ago
On front (rebuilt) and rear suspension so a rolling shell
There was lots of mechanical work done on it along the way, and there are many new parts with it ready for the restoration

I will of course get round to writing the full, detailed and descriptive post in the next couple of weeks, but I thought I’d flag it now in case anyone would like to have a chat about it. If you are seriously interested and would like to chat, please send me a p.m. As to price, once I’ve reminded myself of all the new parts with it, I’ll confirm that - but please bear in mind this was £15-£18k car if it came off the road today, and on top of that think how much a full body resto with new panels by the wizard that is Colin Holley costs!

Thanks!

Gerry :(
Attachments
Kop Hill 2015
Kop Hill 2015
Kop Hill Interceptor 1.jpg (188.54 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Found a III, now I know the user name is correct!
garyc

Re: Sad Day - OBP 2M 1973 Interceptor III For Sale as a Pro

Post by garyc »

Nooooooooo Gerry what you doing mate.......are you sure about this after all that hard work you have put in

This was the first Jensen ive seen dismantled piece by piece over a period of time and a lot of people say they document this part of the process with photos and bag/tag the parts but Gerry has done that to great length as I witnessed.

I saw the car before dismantle and it drove great, mechanically very sound and now it is sitting in primer in a carcoon suspended in time looking very tidy (well done Colin again)

I think todays money it would have been more like a 20-25k car before you took it apart ive seen quite a few recently and you don`t get much for your money under 20k these days.

This is a good chance for someone to buy a car complete and build back up to the standard you want ....when finished depending on quality of build you have chosen you should have a car worth between 80-95k at today's money or if you go the whole hog and then some like Toby did you could be into 6 figures and some...............market permitting of course.

I think you would be lucky if you wanted your car restored by Colin to get a slot within the next year or so and this ones already been done just needs final finish and paint......someone will get a good deal here

Good luck with your sale but also sorry to hear you selling

GaryC

Return to “Cars For Sale”