Jensen CV8

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Mark1Stu

Jensen CV8

Post by Mark1Stu »

Am I missing something, or is this potentially a bargain?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jensen-CV8-C ... Swz2Val7-d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Jensen CV8

Post by Chris_R »

MOT expired and untaxed since June 2017, not declared on SORN.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Jens
Dr. Umlaut & Area Rep for Germany

Post by Jens »

Discussed before a few times:

https://www.joc.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In order of appearance:

(sold) C-V8 Mk III 112/2432
541 S 102/1035
(sold) FF MkII 127/243 (sold)
Healey Mk II 1140/14406
(sold)Jensen GT 1610/30257(sold)
Scimitar GTE SE5
Gordon Keeble #21
88V8

Post by 88V8 »

I see he's taking offers now. After more than three years, not surprising. £30k? In the last three years the market in general has really moved up.
I presume having sat around so long the brakes are likely to need attention, again. And the coolant will be overdue a change. What else...
Unless I misrecall, the dealer has very much abbreviated his description of its recent history, reference to Copredy for example deleted.

It's a shame that after the work done in 2014, it was almost immediately resold. One wonders what may lurk.
Or perhaps it just needs the right owner. Since buying my Rambler last year, I have been through the brakes including remaking some of the pipes; replaced the carb, changed the fuel pump (wrong pressure), fitted a pressure regulator, renewed the headlamps and converted them to 4-lamp dip; fitted side repeaters; had the propshaft modified and rebuilt after removing it and the rear axle and torque tube; replaced the heater core and repaired the heater box; changed the distributor for a different make; rebuilt the vacuum pump for the wipers, removed the wiper motor and sent it away for rebuild, plus a multitude of other jobs. Oh, and driven it 2,000 miles.
The key word here is 'I'. Currently the car is away having the gearbox rebuilt but hitherto I have done everything myself. Had I farmed out all the work I would easily have doubled the purchase price and more.
The only thing I really run away from is bodywork, and rust which is what sank my Silver Shadow.

Perhaps the car just needs someone who is prepared to fork out £30k and still get their hands dirty, and then use it for more than high days and park-in-a-field rallies.

Is that me? With the bill clocking up on the Rambler, the timing is unpropitious. And in my 60s, do I really want to start the learning curve of another car? Hmmm.

Ivor
1963 Rambler Ambassador 990 rhd
1974 Landy Lightweight V8 auto
Shopping Trolley
Robinson D

Post by Robinson D »

Listed on Catawiki now, too:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/ca ... 80459.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Restoring a MKII, 125/5052
Roh

Post by Roh »

The paintwork does have significant crazing and bubbling. There is a tear in the centre section of the rear seats.

I haven't seen it in person but it strikes me as an ideal car to restore, especially if it can be had below the original asking price.
1964 Jensen CV-8 II
Joerg
JOC Early Cars Registrar

Post by Joerg »

It is a good resto project.
It will cost as much as most other restoration ( 100 k+ if you want it right )
I own some of the odd Jensen 8)
todd

Post by todd »

Unfortunately,
The add does not allow for postage to the U.S.A. :D

Return to “Cars For Sale”