C-V8 Mk111 For Sale

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
danmeb

Re: C-V8 Mk111 For Sale

Post by danmeb »

Hi All,

My name is Danny - I am the son of the owner of the car in question and I am also the person you would of contacted if you have previously asked a question about the Jensen via eBay.

As John pointed out I have been a member of this forum for a couple of months now ever since I noticed that you guys spotted the Jensen on Ebay.

I was hoping to follow this thread and find out some interesting facts about the car which I did - thanks John!

However, I now feel the need to submit a post as a 'few' members appear to be insinuating that my father and I are up to no good which inevitably seems to be creating a negative snowballing effect on the sale of our Jensen.

The current process seems to be: Potential buyer bids > Does research > Finds this thread > Retracts bid or pulls from sale > Vehicle gets relisted > (more insinuations gets added to this thread) > Back to step 1 and so on. All the while the final bid price decreases which artificially decreases the market value of the C-V8 MK3 if not all CV8's.

I always try to encourage any serious potential buyer to come and inspect any of our vehicles before placing their bid.
To date, no one has viewed the Jensen, including any of the members who appear to be doing some of the insinuating on this thread.
As always, I am always happy to talk to any serious potential buyer and discuss any concerns you might have and would be more than happy for you to send me over your telephone number to have a chat, and if so wish, arrange a viewing.

Finally, in regards to the conspiracy theories regarding the two £29,999 bids and the elusive Chassis plate: There were two bidders who seemingly bid £30,000. However the first bid must of been placed when the reserve price was set higher and then the second bid must of been placed once the reserve price had been reduced to £30,000 causing both bids to go to £29,999. Ebay does not allow sellers to reduce their reserve price making someone a winning bidder so will lower all bids to under the lowered reserve price. It's somewhat complicated I know but that's just how the eBay's system works. Feel free to contact eBay to confirm this.

The chassis plate was removed when the vehicle got partially restored - unfortunately (and boring I know) there is no sinister story here. All checks are welcomed.

We do occasionally have Jensens (previously 'Interceptors' and a Jensen Bodied A40 Sports Convertible) for sale and it would be sad if this kind of situation were to arise again.

We are just normal people that like most members on this forum enjoy the pleasures of Classic cars.

All the best,
Danny
mojo

Post by mojo »

Hello Danny and welcome.

I think you'll find that my comments above, which you seem to interpret as "insinuations", were all entirely based on observed fact. So, as an example, the comment about the chassis plate arose because of the fact that it was visibly missing in the first iteration of the advert, and ceased to be visible in subsequent iterations. That is just straight, indisputable fact.

Perhaps I can ask one specific question: Why does your father, or whoever places your Ebay listings, make all of your auction listings "Private", with the result that the bidding is partially obscured from view? I've never heard any seller explain why they choose to use this feature, so I would be interested to know.
Last edited by mojo on Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

Mojo, in Danny's defence, if look at my very first post at the start of this thread i say that the data plate has been removed, so it was never visible in any photo, that I saw (I assume you meant it was visible in the first ad, if you really meant it was visibly missing in the first ad and missing in the subsequent ads, then nothing changed...).

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
mojo

Post by mojo »

John - your interpretation is correct. The first iteration of the advert included a photo showing the space where the data plate was missing. Subsequent adverts did not include that photo.
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

OK, I see where you are coming from!

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334

Return to “Cars For Sale”