Anglia Car Auction: FF Mk1

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Anglia Car Auction: FF Mk1

Post by Chris_R »

Grant wrote:
Chris_R wrote:For conversion to an FF-R no doubt. They've done at least 1 so far.
I didn't know they had done one previously Chris :shock: .. How did you know?.. Have you seen it Chris?Image
Alas, I cannot reveal my sources but at a certain open day in May last year I did speak to someone "in the know" and saw a picture of it. I also saw pictures of their new Range Rover project.
Plus on the Range Rover Chieftain page of their website they do say "(as used in the Jensen FF-R)" when describing the chassis and transmission of their Range Rover rebuild.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

The JIA website also says in the News section:

WORKSHOP NEWS:
With two FFs, two convertibles and three Interceptor saloons in build we are going flat out here. We have acquired a great 3 door Range Rover donor ready to build into another Chieftain and we have a good selection of Interceptor R donor cars available too, we’re looking forward to a busy year.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Great news good guys that are passionate about Jensen,, and a very quick FF will emerge,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

So the front propshaft on a classic Range Rover is to the right of the car and an FF to the left. Something needs a bit of re-engineering to change if the same modern set up is being used for both. Any idea whether or not the FF gets the chop?
johnw

Post by johnw »

Peter Rothery wrote:So the front propshaft on a classic Range Rover is to the right of the car and an FF to the left. Something needs a bit of re-engineering to change if the same modern set up is being used for both. Any idea whether or not the FF gets the chop?
No idea at all. Perhaps this car is for something along the lines of the Bavarez car 148 (hopefully).

Based on what you are saying about driveshafts, perhaps they are using Interceptors for the FF R? Makes sense. A member on here has already had a smart FF style bonnet made for an Interceptor. Some double vents, LHD versions should then be possible. We will have to wait and see I guess.

They have independent rear suspension on their R. Now they have done the hard work this should allow use of a transaxle and rear mounted transfer box, like some modern 4WD cars.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

I had my fingers crossed that REJEN would buy this genuine unmolested FF and carry out another meticulous restoration. To bastardise it seems such a shame - even though I guess the finished product will be spectacular in many ways.

Wouldn't it be nice if JIA sold the finished car along with the boxed up original FF engine and associated components? Better still, leave it original - as there are 2 FFs I'm aware of which are prime candidates for the JIA treatment.
rolando38

Post by rolando38 »

I'm curious to know wahat difference one makes between "unmolested" , "poorly maintained" , and "abandonned to its sorry state" ?
:D
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Unmolested in my mind means it is, for the most part, still put together as the factory intended. So, if you're meticulous with its subsequent restoration, it will hopefully screw back together properly, with the prospect of good panel gaps and fit made easier by not having to address someone else's bodgery.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Mark1Stu wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if JIA sold the finished car along with the boxed up original FF engine and associated components? Better still, leave it original - as there are 2 FFs I'm aware of which are prime candidates for the JIA treatment.
I think the amount reworking and re-engineering they do would render that a total waste of time, it probably could never be put back. This is the 4th FF for possible restoration sold in the UK in the last 6 months. There was 028 which I thought I heard went to Australia, then 272 and122 and now 080. Perhaps JIA already have 272 and 122 and now 080 makes the 3rd for them.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Grant

Post by Grant »

Mark1Stu wrote:Unmolested in my mind means it is, for the most part, still put together as the factory intended. So, if you're meticulous with its subsequent restoration, it will hopefully screw back together properly, with the prospect of good panel gaps and fit made easier by not having to address someone else's bodgery.
Brilliant explanation there StupotImage
Or.. the shorter explanation >>>
>> "Been Got At By "The F@@k-It up Sqaud"Image
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

In 10 years time, if FF's are worth £1m+, the owner of the JIA FF might be glad they've still got the crated remains of the original FF system.

If you can turn an FF into a JIA one, I'm sure you can turn it back to largely its original state - assuming you've still got the original components and the money.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

They'll probably be offering an electric conversion by then :D
montpellier

Post by montpellier »

Seems a lot to pay for a donor car, but then if JIA want to convert an FF where else can you find a cheap one ? Not sure I like the FF being fitted with modern drivetrain, as the whole point of the FF was the mechanics, and 50 year old mechanics are not going to live with 500 hp from a Vette so re engineering will be notable. If they start converting Vignale cars ......

I too hoped Jason might have got hold of it, but there again he might had enough of the FF after mine.
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Good point Peter. Perhaps the choice will soon be between electric driver or occasional use museum piece tradable commodity....the latter assuming the classic car market hasnt crashed around climate change and public health concerns.

Enjoy your classic car, in whatever its form, while you can I guess.
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Stu

I guess the day will come when we (classic car people) will be considered in the same way as traction engine enthusiasts are today. Where the heck can I get hold of a bag of coal for the dirty filthy polluting heavy slow and noisy thing etc??!!!! As you say, enjoy whilst you can.

Return to “Cars For Sale”