Anglia Car Auction: FF Mk1

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Grant

Re: Anglia Car Auction: FF Mk1

Post by Grant »

Joerg wrote:... and I would pay a fortune for the original FF brake servo, but can´t find one.
Contacted JAI for "scap parts" from the conversions, but they replied that both owners wanted to keep all original parts to ensure that they can be returned to original.

I think that is not a bad reply and hope the conversion will be only a part time thing.

Joerg
Joerg.. send Francis ("FRANKOID") on here a PM... I believe he bought a new one last year or year before.. not sure where he got it.. but I think in Europe somewhere :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Its called Hot Rodding, been going on for nr 100 yrs, sticking different engines/parts in to cars,whats the problem,,There are enough show queen FF,F 123 out there to just let the odd one get hot rodded, it just requires a few subtle tweaks in and out but not to much from stock,, like the Interceptor R and S, Then a complete new modern engine and driveline with a much smaller 4x4 unit will obv come with anti lock brakes all modern safety features,etc, so will still be a Jensen FF old but modern win win looks pure to the purist from the outside, but for the up coming exec he has memories of the old FF he knew from being a kid but he can drive it and live with all modern exotica .. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

cannonball wrote:Its called Hot Rodding, been going on for nr 100 yrs, sticking different engines/parts in to cars,whats the problem,,There are enough show queen FF,F 123 out there to just let the odd one get hot rodded, it just requires a few subtle tweaks in and out but not to much from stock,, like the Interceptor R and S, Then a complete new modern engine and driveline with a much smaller 4x4 unit will obv come with anti lock brakes all modern safety features,etc, so will still be a Jensen FF old but modern win win looks pure to the purist from the outside, but for the up coming exec he has memories of the old FF he knew from being a kid but he can drive it and live with all modern exotica .. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Aren’t hotrods wild and crazy and dangerous and take part in street races :D
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

felixkk wrote:
cannonball wrote:Its called Hot Rodding, been going on for nr 100 yrs, sticking different engines/parts in to cars,whats the problem,,There are enough show queen FF,F 123 out there to just let the odd one get hot rodded, it just requires a few subtle tweaks in and out but not to much from stock,, like the Interceptor R and S, Then a complete new modern engine and driveline with a much smaller 4x4 unit will obv come with anti lock brakes all modern safety features,etc, so will still be a Jensen FF old but modern win win looks pure to the purist from the outside, but for the up coming exec he has memories of the old FF he knew from being a kid but he can drive it and live with all modern exotica .. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Aren’t hotrods wild and crazy and dangerous and take part in street races :D
The sort i like Felix yes,, This will be a gentleman,s Hot rod,, :wink:
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Robinson D

Post by Robinson D »

If you start with a 383 or a 440 with torqueflite, you don't necessarily have to swap engines or transmissions to have a hot rod. :twisted:
Restoring a MKII, 125/5052
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Robinson D wrote:If you start with a 383 or a 440 with torqueflite, you don't necessarily have to swap engines or transmissions to have a hot rod. :twisted:
True but JIA are getting away from using the old mechs and breathing new in,, i know very well how much power you can get from a 440, i saw 645 hp from one,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

Grant wrote:
Joerg wrote:... and I would pay a fortune for the original FF brake servo, but can´t find one.
Contacted JAI for "scap parts" from the conversions, but they replied that both owners wanted to keep all original parts to ensure that they can be returned to original.

I think that is not a bad reply and hope the conversion will be only a part time thing.

Joerg
Joerg.. send Francis ("FRANKOID") on here a PM... I believe he bought a new one last year or year before.. not sure where he got it.. but I think in Europe somewhere :wink:
Do you have an FF Joerg?
Paul jen

Post by Paul jen »

Rejen have one .
Speak to Jason.
johnw

Post by johnw »

Frankoid wrote:
Grant wrote:

Joerg
Do you have an FF Joerg?
I guess that was a new Dunlop master cylinder that was purchased, and not an FF servo. I am looking for an FF bleed valve myself, that plugs into the servo.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Per

Post by Per »

Are you back into FFs then John? Need to update your signature to show which one 8)
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

johnw wrote: I guess that was a new Dunlop master cylinder that was purchased, and not an FF servo. I am looking for an FF bleed valve myself, that plugs into the servo.
Yes, a new master cylinder. Lee Cherry at Classicar Automotive rebuilt my original to new specifications. A lot of the braking parts fit classic Ferraris worth millions of pounds. I hope one day they will re-make the servo to keep the GTO's original and we will be able to adapt for FF useage....
johnw

Post by johnw »

Per wrote:Are you back into FFs then John? Need to update your signature to show which one 8)
Hi Per! I'm still into FFs, I just got distracted as of late!
FF wise, I'm "working" on 119/122. It has a nice original interior, and was originally Crystal Blue, is mechanically more or less complete, apart from the servo, (Mk1 Interceptor servo and master cylinder came with it), and the FF Servo Bleed Valve, and bonnet. I'm also looking for a used bonnet, something really rotten, 1/2 to 2/3rds of the metal there would be ideal. I'm not worried about the servo, I might have a solution for that. Many panels look beyond economic repair. The car is nothing like as solid as the car in this thread. The long term aim is to try and get it running if possible, make some copper brake pipes, fit new pads, rebuild the calipers, feed the leather. At least I can then sit in it, go Vroom vroom, and not have to push it around! If this gets done to this stage in the next 5 years I will be happy, as I still have ongoing distractions. I'm also working on a Mk3 J series Interceptor in Switzerland. This should see the road very soon in comparison!
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

johnw wrote:
Per wrote:Are you back into FFs then John? Need to update your signature to show which one 8)
Hi Per! I'm still into FFs, I just got distracted as of late!
FF wise, I'm "working" on 119/122. It has a nice original interior, and was originally Crystal Blue, is mechanically more or less complete, apart from the servo, (Mk1 Interceptor servo and master cylinder came with it), and the FF Servo Bleed Valve, and bonnet. I'm also looking for a used bonnet, something really rotten, 1/2 to 2/3rds of the metal there would be ideal. I'm not worried about the servo, I might have a solution for that. Many panels look beyond economic repair. The car is nothing like as solid as the car in this thread. The long term aim is to try and get it running if possible, make some copper brake pipes, fit new pads, rebuild the calipers, feed the leather. At least I can then sit in it, go Vroom vroom, and not have to push it around! If this gets done to this stage in the next 5 years I will be happy, as I still have ongoing distractions. I'm also working on a Mk3 J series Interceptor in Switzerland. This should see the road very soon in comparison!

Shame you are not in England if you do get it running you wont even need to bleed the brakes, in a few months you can drive it legally over here, :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Paul jen wrote:Rejen have one .
Speak to Jason.
I have a customer looking for the FF brake servo i shall pass Rejen details on thank you for that,,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Frankoid

Post by Frankoid »

Grant wrote:

Joerg
I may have a solution, see FF tech "Heavy brake pressure"

Return to “Cars For Sale”