Int III fully restored

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Trevithick

Re: Int III fully restored

Post by Trevithick »

Steve Payne wrote:
cannonball wrote:Blimey edelbrock valve covers and chrome air cleaner $100.00 at the price it should have something much more special,,
I wonder if the Edelbrock valve covers have been fitted because of the distributor? I know the clearance is tight with some of the performance distributors.

Steve
The MSD billet distributor fits fine with the standard covers.
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
Per

Post by Per »

Steve Payne wrote:
cannonball wrote:
Steve Payne wrote:quote="cannonball"= Blimey edelbrock valve covers and chrome air cleaner $100.00 at the price it should have something much more special,

I wonder if the Edelbrock valve covers have been fitted because of the distributor? I know the clearance is tight with some of the performance distributors.

Steve
Maybe Steve. but to me it looks so cheap, no self respecting mopar muscle guy would have them on his DODGE/ PLYMOUTH, Never mind a hand built grand tourer,
Agreed but some people have no idea of good taste.
Agreed and there I think you nailed it. After all, considering the money this car has had thrown at it a decent aluminium welder could have modified the Jensen cover if clearance was the cause in the first place.
Per
Not only English cars these days, an Italian is part of the stable again 8)
kenny38

Re: Int III fully restored/ member critque

Post by kenny38 »

For Chrisssakes guys will you give this guy a $%#@ break? He has done his probable best but doesn't meet your experienced eyes. Cannonball, I remember the SP you sold but you were a little miffed at some appearing to show :P at the price. It sold for probably near what you asked. Congrats all round and worth probably more. However you and others were highly critical of some who were "talking the marque down" etc.and I was targeted. :shock: At 165K he maybe is a little high for the market but for someone who buys at the right price these annoying bits can be easily replaced. And..........not every potential purchaser with the money is concerned about purity/concourse. I have remarked before that the upper end of the market is being patronised by younger and very probably wealthier "thrusters" who only want a great looking car that goes well, turnkey quality and would not really know or care about Edelbrock until they join the club and are told by someone with a clapped out "original" . Celebrate the effort and say thanks for putting ,perhaps, a tad high price out there. Bless yous all. Kenny38 :)
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

kenny38 wrote:For Chrisssakes guys will you give this guy a $%#@ break? He has done his probable best but doesn't meet your experienced eyes. Cannonball, I remember the SP you sold but you were a little miffed at some appearing to show :P at the price. It sold for probably near what you asked. Congrats all round and worth probably more. However you and others were highly critical of some who were "talking the marque down" etc.and I was targeted. :shock: At 165K he maybe is a little high for the market but for someone who buys at the right price these annoying bits can be easily replaced. And..........not every potential purchaser with the money is concerned about purity/concourse. I have remarked before that the upper end of the market is being patronised by younger and very probably wealthier "thrusters" who only want a great looking car that goes well, turnkey quality and would not really know or care about Edelbrock until they join the club and are told by someone with a clapped out "original" . Celebrate the effort and say thanks for putting ,perhaps, a tad high price out there. Bless yous all. Kenny38 :)

You miss the point Kenny my old bouncer basher, for the price i think maybe the guy could have pushed the boat out and had some nice fabricated valve covers made then he has actually done an upgrade better than stock,, :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
montpellier

Post by montpellier »

I still like it, despite the rocker cover drama.
Per

Post by Per »

kenny38 wrote:For Chrisssakes guys will you give this guy a $%#@ break? He has done his probable best but doesn't meet your experienced eyes. Cannonball, I remember the SP you sold but you were a little miffed at some appearing to show :P at the price. It sold for probably near what you asked. Congrats all round and worth probably more. However you and others were highly critical of some who were "talking the marque down" etc.and I was targeted. :shock: At 165K he maybe is a little high for the market but for someone who buys at the right price these annoying bits can be easily replaced. And..........not every potential purchaser with the money is concerned about purity/concourse. I have remarked before that the upper end of the market is being patronised by younger and very probably wealthier "thrusters" who only want a great looking car that goes well, turnkey quality and would not really know or care about Edelbrock until they join the club and are told by someone with a clapped out "original" . Celebrate the effort and say thanks for putting ,perhaps, a tad high price out there. Bless yous all. Kenny38 :)
Kenny, this is a forum where it is OK to say I like it and OK to I don't. Either way my angle was not about original looks or not, just my personal taste says those covers are as flashy as a rat with a gold tooth :wink:

If the seller saw my FF (notwithstanding its current spotty primer image) he would probably wrinkle his nose and say "how grotty it looks". I would not be offended, it would be his view and so what. Comment and let comment says I 8)
Per
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

Different parts of a car are important to different people.
I remember a guy I was talking to at an International a few years ago. He had just spent 8K having his car painted and it looked amazing yet he didn't see the point in spending a few hundred getting it to run better as he only did a few hundred miles a year .

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Never thought I would see this pissing war. You never know all the facts. I hesitate in this remark but while on the complaint theme I saw a blinged out engine tranny picture the other day with bare aluminum intake and heads and the owner was asking if the tranny should be painted. Do not know where he or she is coming from. Possibly we have reached the point of super saturation. RacerJoe
Per

Post by Per »

Joe, would you rather have the forum be like too many utterly politically correct ones?

Beyond two or three cases on here and ditto on the mailing list I have not seen anybody taking the man instead of the ball over the 25 years since I joined. (Unless you consider my comment on the flashyness of the covers to take the man?)

We are real people on this forum and so we have personal likes etc.. Do you really want to bury that under a layer of political correctness? This a hobby after all, not a professional undertaking.
Per
Frontrow

Post by Frontrow »

http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19257" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still attracting comments after three years, but no buyers.
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

I just think that at times we can be a little precious. Of course one can comment but I think promoting the marque at a silly 8) price beats a blittle nit picking every time. Oh! OK! It is a forum of ideas and general comment as has been pointed out so i must hide my latent fascism regarding free speech. Destroy the poor bugger who is obviously hopelessly way out on values. Cannonball (who used to try and get into my venues in socks and sandals :D ) should tell us what he would charge to make this car upto the asked amount if at all possible. kenny38 :)
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

kenny38 wrote:I just think that at times we can be a little precious. Of course one can comment but I think promoting the marque at a silly 8) price beats a blittle nit picking every time. Oh! OK! It is a forum of ideas and general comment as has been pointed out so i must hide my latent fascism regarding free speech. Destroy the poor bugger who is obviously hopelessly way out on values. Cannonball (who used to try and get into my venues in socks and sandals :D ) should tell us what he would charge to make this car upto the asked amount if at all possible. kenny38 :)
Hello Kenny,

well i do not know what could be done, my SP has sold for half that and its a beautiful car have never said its concours or the best just a really nice user car that drives ace and will stay looking ace for yrs to come, do i think this interceptor is worth double do i fck but if he can get that then good luck to him,but as i said they are some of the cheapest valve covers and air filter on the planet it should have better for the total sum he wants , :roll: :) :D :D :D
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Makes one wonder how much else the seller has skimped on. Seems a little obvious ,though. Perhaps he is selling to the Polish market. Really, Cannonball I bet you can just smell a makeover and end price. Tell us! You old heartbreak. On subject of your ex SP. Looked a gorgeous car and the new owner is a very lucky man especially now it gets 25 mpg. Can't see by pics of the 165K car that it is worth twice your ex SP as you have already stated. Has anyone had a good butchers? Seller must be a supreme optomist.
Regards to your cat. kenny38 :P

Return to “Cars For Sale”