Jensen 541s

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Tom23

Jensen 541s

Post by Tom23 »

Hi, Im offering for sale my Jensen 541s as you know its a very rare car with just 127 being built. This car needs recommissioning Its completely original and is an absolute time capsule, the last owner had the car for over 40 years! it was taken off the road in 1978 and dry stored ever since covering just 20,000 miles. The original tax disc is still in the window and I even have the original paper logbook in my possession along with the owners handbook.

I bought this car with the intention of restoring it back to its former glory but to be honest I've got too many other projects on the go and i'm running out of space so unfortunately something has to go.

Underneath the chassis looks very solid, the floor pans, battery tray, fuel tank etc look to be in great condition, the worst bit of rust i found was on the bottom of the passenger door, the drivers side looks as though its been repaired previously.

Im open to sensible offers on this car, if you would like to see any additional pictures of the Jensen or information feel free to email me... tom@autocavallo.co.uk

Thanks

Tom

Last edited by Tom23 on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dion

Re: Jensen 541s Original car for restoration

Post by Dion »

What a fantastic car.
Tom23 wrote:This car is perfect for restoration, its completely original and is an absolute time capsule, the last owner had the car for over 40 years! it was taken off the road in 1978 and dry stored ever since covering just 20,000 miles. The original tax disc is still in the window and I even have the original paper logbook in my possession along with the owners handbook.
There is nothing on the car that shows it would need restoration. I hope the new owner would leave as much as is, doing just what is needed to get it running reliably.
The future ain’t what it used to be.

Interceptor Mk1 LHD & RHD
GT LHD
Tom23

Re: Jensen 541s

Post by Tom23 »

Sold
Han Kamp

Re: Jensen 541s

Post by Han Kamp »

Photo nr. 17 shows fiberglass inner fenders at the rear? Is that original? Never seen that before. The vertical part of the steel rear fenders are double skinned partly and a moisture trap, see photo after sandblasting. A fiberglass cover would surely worsen things :?:
DCP_0503.jpg
DCP_0503.jpg (153.88 KiB) Viewed 1985 times
Han Kamp The Netherlands
Formerly owned Jensens: 1974 JH, 1976 GT, 1952 4 litre Interceptor, 1954 4 litre Interceptor Left Hand Drive, 1957 541.

clubwebsite: http://www.JensenHolland.nl

Return to “Cars For Sale”