Early Interceptor at Morris Leslie auction

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Early Interceptor at Morris Leslie auction

Post by Chris_R »

An altimeter in a car makes very little sense in the overwhelming majority of cases. An inclinometer in a Fiat Panda also makes very little sense but that didn't stop Fiat fitting one in the Fiat Panda Sisley 4x4. It only measured the forward/rear angle and I very much doubt anyone would ever get to a point where they would worry and if they did the last thing they would look at would be the inclinometer. All kinds of gauges have been fitted in cars, some more useful than others. People fit them because they like to and that's all there is to it. Does there have to be a good reason more than that?
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Tim SP
JOC Interceptor Variants Registrar

Post by Tim SP »

There is a early Interceptor space here.... I can see you Mr S!!!
And to think I thought you might want to buy a Bentley Turbo R!!!!!
I know you quite well, so this purchase is a bit of a shocker- but I admire it totally mate!
How many times over the years have I said to buy something you can use, well I get it as whats the point of being sensible!!
Am impressed, about naffin time you did something utterly that makes no practicle sense! Welcome to Tims world!!!!!

Just mailed you mate, let me know- safe & welcome!
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

Thanks Tim, I did say the other day I had come into a bit of an inheritance, I'll have to call it George after my late Uncle who provided the money.

The auctioneer has given me an email address for the first owner's son, the son, and his mother, the first owner's wife (he married later in life I think) actually went up to Scotland to see the car before it sold, they seem to have fond memories of it so it will be interesting to make contact.

But first I need to pay for it and it has taken until 5 pm today to persuade the auctioneers to divulge their account details so I can arrange a money transfer.

Regards

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334

Return to “Cars For Sale”