JENSEN GT FOR SALE

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
NHK10P

JENSEN GT FOR SALE

Post by NHK10P »

Awoken from Scottish hibernation since 96, rescued and looking for a caring new owner! New cambelt, H&H electronic ignition, oil/filter change and MOT until Sept 18. Now on a new style logbook and changed to Historic TAX FREE status. Showing 35k miles but no way of proving this, sparse previous history but previous log books etc show only a handful of owners. Recently tuned (re jetted) on a rolling road and a few niggles sorted. Showing 120Bhp at the flywheel. Stainless exhaust and seats etc look to have been retrimmed although back seat lower squab missing. Dash in good condition overall and all electrical things appear to work although windows are slow (runners etc could do with a grease/silicon spray). Probably restored in the early 90s with what looks like Richard Appleyard front floors (thicker steel but without ribs), sills etc, Stainless exhaust appears new. GRP bonnet....amazingly it will stay up with spring pressure from the hinges alone! Drives OK although the gearchange is "loose" and I would think the bushes in the remote extension could do with a change, just came back the 17 miles or so from the garage at 60 without any dramas, without any overheating etc (a few big hills) and with oil pressure remaining steady over 50lb. Needs paint due to storage under plastic I would think, but OK from a few feet away.
MOT advisories one bush with some play and front scoop panel corroded (aren't they all unless replaced at least once in the cars life?)

No 114 as corresponding to the Calver chassis data book.

In summary a complete Nevis Blue GT that has nearly a years MOT and without a sliding sunroof, use now and through the summer next year whilst planning further restoration. Car is located in North Devon about 15 miles from Junct 27 M5 along the A361towards Barnstaple. 07968434577 or 01769 551861

Offers based around £5k, if no takers from here will E bay at the weekend.
Attachments
IMGP1446 (Small).JPG
IMGP1446 (Small).JPG (149.92 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
IMGP1445 (Small).JPG
IMGP1445 (Small).JPG (167.42 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
IMGP1444 (Small).JPG
IMGP1444 (Small).JPG (179.34 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
IMGP1443 (Small).JPG
IMGP1443 (Small).JPG (175.23 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
IMGP1442 (Small).JPG
IMGP1442 (Small).JPG (162.91 KiB) Viewed 4355 times
Tim Hatcher
North Devon
Mk1 JH
Jensen GT (2 of)
MGC GTS (all steel)
AC 3000me
MGBs various states
NHK10P

Re: JENSEN GT FOR SALE

Post by NHK10P »

Deposit taken and it looks as if PSG will be staying in the West Country and South Devon!
Tim Hatcher
North Devon
Mk1 JH
Jensen GT (2 of)
MGC GTS (all steel)
AC 3000me
MGBs various states
living_the_70s_dream

Post by living_the_70s_dream »

Gutted, missed it!!!

I ran out of time trying to convince my wife that this made more sense then my very stalled restoration (actually not started after 5 years!!) of my GT in the garage......... maybe next one when it comes up. :wink:
MKIII Interceptor - 136/8383
GT - 30148
JamesE

Post by JamesE »

living_the_70s_dream wrote:Gutted, missed it!!!

I ran out of time trying to convince my wife that this made more sense then my very stalled restoration (actually not started after 5 years!!) of my GT in the garage......... maybe next one when it comes up. :wink:
My feelings precisely. My situation exactly (except already having a GT, which I don't).
I hope it has found a good home.
NHK10P

Post by NHK10P »

Very very rare Jensens! Probably one of the rarest of them all if not the rarest. You just have to jump in when you see one that is within your capabilities/budget! A true "marmite" car in the shooting brake style.........before I saw my first back in the 90s I always thought that the Volvo P1800ES was the car for me. Having had both the Jensen is much more of a drivers car albeit the Volvo is more relaxed at motorway cruising.
Tim Hatcher
North Devon
Mk1 JH
Jensen GT (2 of)
MGC GTS (all steel)
AC 3000me
MGBs various states
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

This car has been bought by a friend of mine in South Devon.

He saw Nigel Kiesers GT at Haynes Museum Breakfast morning earlier this year and knew he wanted one.

Great to see people like Tim rescueing these rare cars and making sure they go back on the road.

I remember one selling this year at auction for over £15,000 so prices are slowly rising..

Funny thing is the car will live just two doors away from a C-V8...

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Balmy

Post by Balmy »

Morning all

It was I that purchased this car. Massive thanks to Tim for his help and delivering the car.
We had a baby on the 10th November, I looked at the car on the 14th and Tim delivered on the 17th. Due to having a new born I haven’t had much of a chance to play with it yet but intend using and improving it over time.
Cheers Tim. :D
1975 Jensen GT - scruffy
1974 Morris Marina TC - highly modified 1950cc
1983 Fiat 900 Spacemaker - Rusty
1974 Honda CD175 -in bits
1997 Ducati 916 Senna III-appreciating
1997 Laverda 750 Formula-fun
2007 Ducati 1098R TB LE - 200bhp thug of a bike
Andi Kreis

Post by Andi Kreis »

Due to having a new born I haven’t had much of a chance to play with it yet but intend using and improving it over time.
Poor car - lucky baby! :D

Congratulation to your purchase - and your baby of course!
Andi Kreis / Glarus / Switzerland
541R / C-V8 Mk2 & Mk3 / Int Mk1 / FF Mk1 / SP

Return to “Cars For Sale”