SP for sale

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
felixkk

Re: SP for sale

Post by felixkk »

Trevithick wrote:
felixkk wrote:A nice appearance will get you a long way in their valuation system.
That's mine out then, shame driving experience doesn't feature because that is very important in my book.
"excessive smoke on startup": ?
"incorrect parts": check
"visual flaws": check
"paintwork imperfect": check
"fender has a dent": check
"wheels differ": check
"deteriorated restoration": check
"windshield chipped": check
"chrome pitted": check
ready for the German Autobahn: check (can't wait)
ready for the Stelvio: always
ready for the M25 on a hot day: check

PS When I had my car reevaluated by my insurance company, they loved the "patina"
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

OK everyone. I actually asked if any S1/2/3 SP's had sold lately at prices quoted. Hegarty's can put as many valuations as they like .....but.....is anybody paying the prices currently asked. My question was undoubtfully specific. All replies sounded like pollies dodging the question. I have to assume in the absence to the contrary that quoted prices are not being achieved. I suppose wait for the enivitable auctions. Cannonball should know as he has skin in the game. Some one told me that the P66 up for 250K did sell but rumoured went for faaaar less. Blessings be upon you all. Kenny38 :)
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

The most recent sale of an SP I know of (few months ago) was a solid car that still needed work to complete and that sold for £70,000.
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Thaqnk you, Trevithick,thank you. At last an actual price of a condition 3/4?? SP 70K. That was like pulling hens teeth from the forum. So what is my SP 131/worth. Condition is 2 definitly with a new car performance no over heating issues and drives like new but sports a 770 Holley and has original but well looked after interiour worth?. Not original SP engine but (i believe) a superiour uprated one that has a done 100K in 30 years. Car has won a few regional shows. Wife has asked for some reason.......Kenny38 :)
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

Lack of original engine doesn't help but a good condition 2 car has to be £60k plus I would have thought. Does it still have the original gearbox?
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

The price I quoted is for a car which has had a fortune spent on it and I would say is borderline condition 1 but needs a bit of work to get it that way, by no means a bad car but just needs a finish. There was a very nice one for sale a couple of years ago at a dealer who told me he would take no less that £95k for it and that seems to have sold.
Cars like mine I have no idea of the value but it's value isn't in its shineyness but it's capabilities, i.e. If you wanted a reliable high speed GT car it does that perfectly, I can now say everything works as well.
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Trevithick wrote:The price I quoted is for a car which has had a fortune spent on it and I would say is borderline condition 1 but needs a bit of work to get it that way, by no means a bad car but just needs a finish. There was a very nice one for sale a couple of years ago at a dealer who told me he would take no less that £95k for it and that seems to have sold.
Cars like mine I have no idea of the value but it's value isn't in its shineyness but it's capabilities, i.e. If you wanted a reliable high speed GT car it does that perfectly, I can now say everything works as well.
If i was in the market for a great proven usable SP i would have no hesitation to pay 60k for your car Trev, exactly as it sits, so a good baseline price on yours,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Dear Trevithick. My SP has everything else original as the day it left the factory. It has had 3 owners from new (myself 30 years) and has all log book/history file with the delivery sticker still on windscreen. It starts first time even after sitting for weeks. When original engine was changed no one ever thought that matching numbers would be an issue as jensen's were not even vaguely sought after. I remember being very surprised at how cheap they seemed to be. Till the estimated 50K +on repairs rolled in. And that was in '90's money! Everything I did was done professionally by Greek mechanics/nut case spray painters and "rust is my enemy" ex Vietnam vets on everything except roller skates. Do you want a cat? I'll swap for a nice train set.Kenny38 :roll:

Return to “Cars For Sale”