SP for sale

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
kenny38

SP for sale

Post by kenny38 »

Was i dreaming or was there a SP on the for sale site only a couple of days ago? Wasa nice coplour (i think) and was advertised for 82.250 pounds.
It has now disappeared like Arthur's sword under the water. Has it been withdrawn or sold? Any info? It may rain next week and one of my dogs currently has a neighbour's chicken in it's mouth.To much aqction. Back under the duvee to be rich and famous.Kenny38 :(
argonauts

Re: SP for sale

Post by argonauts »

Here you go still for sale on eBay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JENSEN-SP-440 ... 60990260?_" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Thankyou Argonaught. I note a price increase of 1K. But will it get that price? Kenny38 :)
nrb993

Post by nrb993 »

I agree what is a market value for a beautiful SP. Would it be an investor who would be and lock it away to sell again for 100k in a year

£80k+ just seems to be the wrong side of 50,000

Have we anyone in the club recoding actual sales

Extraordinary times if "Gas Guzzlers" are now acceptable and worth mega money, enthusiasts like me have to miss out as we are no longer included in this upper space

cheers
Neil
:D JOC Interceptor Registrar 8)
Restoring JH2
Interceptor MK III 'H' series - yellow
Used to own FFII - 127/223 :lol:
-- JOC 5114 --
kenny38

Re: SP for sale and guzzelling petrol

Post by kenny38 »

A bit orf the subject (sit down ,Keith) but I get tired of reading about the horrendous thirst of our cars. You know the theme. However the AM, Ferrari, bloody Etype and many other cars had a thirst problem which some how never seems to get mentioned. My wife had a concourse XJ6 '71 which only returned 15 mpg. Mechanic took her out (the car) one day after a service and stacked it in the back of a tram. Write off. Nice car though. :cry: Anyway this matter of gas guzzeling keeps coming up when a nice Jensen is tested. Same driver wouldn't say anyfing about the next guzzeller he drives/tests. Kenny38 :)
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

nrb993 wrote:I agree what is a market value for a beautiful SP. Would it be an investor who would be and lock it away to sell again for 100k in a year

£80k+ just seems to be the wrong side of 50,000

Have we anyone in the club recoding actual sales

Extraordinary times if "Gas Guzzlers" are now acceptable and worth mega money, enthusiasts like me have to miss out as we are no longer included in this upper space

cheers
Neil
Recently there has been a MK1 and MK2 for sale around the £85k mark. On this basis this SP could almost be described has a bargain.

I have also seen this in the flesh and it is a very nice example.
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

I know the car and have kept an eye on the SP market ( not too difficult to be honest) and that seems like a fair price for a very nice car from a very knowledgeable owner.
As for gas guzzler, wake up it's a 400bhp (ish) car, my accountant has a new RS4 and that can't get as many mpg as the SP and that cost more than this one for sale. Fuel consumption is a small price to pay for such a fantastic car, I use mine all year around and if you drive like Ned Flanders they're quite good. I don't drive like Ned :roll: .
Ps mine is not for sale.
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
monk1483

Post by monk1483 »

Hi

I have a picture of George Best in my workshop, although I have no interest in football I think his most well known quote is something worth remembering,

'I spent most of my money on Birds, Booze and Fast cars. The rest of it I just wasted'.

Kev
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Hi everyone. Can I ask though? We always seem to be quoted prices for great looking 123SP cars. But we have a person on general topics who is trying to value aSP for a widow. Now it's difficult if we cannot unearth even one condition 2 cars that sold. Actually sold, not just disappeared. Not rumours. So we can get accurate values not just "agreed value". Basically have ANY of the valuable SP's or indeed S1/2 actually sold?
It's all very worrying and means I have to have 2 cups of cocoa and more tim tams before bed. I did have other thoughts once but can't remember now.Kenny38 :(
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

as I said before possibly a good place to start is the Hagerty Insurance Valuation Tool possibly not what SP owners ( or even Mk1 owners :wink: ) believe their car is worth but a reasonable start position without the owner emotion added. Of course, as had been said before, in the end they are only worth what someone is willing to spend.

see http://apps.hagerty.com/ukvaluation/ind ... Backlink=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1972 Jensen Interceptor III SP
2dr Saloon
Values by Condition

Fair £21200
Condition 4: Fair
#4 cars are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the fender has a minor dent. The interior could have split seams or a cracked dash. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or the interior might not be stock. No major customisations have been made. A #4 car can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 car.

Good £32400
Condition 3: Good
#3 cars could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 car, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior. #3 cars drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These cars are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. No major customisations have been made. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 car.

Excellent £45600
Condition 2: Excellent
#2 cars could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 cars that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and interior will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine compartment. The vehicle will drive as a new car of its era would. No customisations have been made. The one word description for #2 cars is "excellent."

Concours £71700
Condition 1: Concours
Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best car, unmodified, in the right colours, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the car has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. No customisations have been made. The one word description for #1 cars is "concours."
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

RAP72 wrote:as I said before possibly a good place to start is the Hagerty Insurance Valuation Tool possibly not what SP owners ( or even Mk1 owners :wink: ) believe their car is worth but a reasonable start position without the owner emotion added. Of course, as had been said before, in the end they are only worth what someone is willing to spend.

see http://apps.hagerty.com/ukvaluation/ind ... Backlink=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1972 Jensen Interceptor III SP
2dr Saloon
Values by Condition

Fair £21200
Condition 4: Fair
#4 cars are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the fender has a minor dent. The interior could have split seams or a cracked dash. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or the interior might not be stock. No major customisations have been made. A #4 car can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a #4 car.

Good £32400
Condition 3: Good
#3 cars could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 car, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior. #3 cars drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These cars are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. No major customisations have been made. "Good" is the one word description of a #3 car.

Excellent £45600
Condition 2: Excellent
#2 cars could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 cars that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and interior will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine compartment. The vehicle will drive as a new car of its era would. No customisations have been made. The one word description for #2 cars is "excellent."

Concours £71700
Condition 1: Concours
Condition #1 vehicles are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best car, unmodified, in the right colours, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the car has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. No customisations have been made. The one word description for #1 cars is "concours."
Way out, show me an sp thats a condition 4 car selling around that price, you might get a condition 4 for condition 2 pricing a condition 1 sp i am sure to the right buyer is a 100-150k car, but do not believe one like that has ever hit the market yet,, and that is not an emotional answer, i am told by various souces, in the know that the ex brian berkin sp is the best sp to ever go on sale that maybe has changed hands around the 85k mark i saw that car and thought it condition 2, Tim sp car looks excellent it may be better than the berkin car i do not know i reckon he would want 100k for that one,, this is just my opinions,i am pretty sure people that own an sp know the car is special and will not let them go easily anymore,,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

The valuation tool at Hagerty is a strange thing, it ups the value for things which would devalue a car ( for example a retrim rather than original interior etc). Looking at the description mine would be a condition 4 car so worth £21,200, if Hagerty can find me a car just like mine for that price I'll have 2 please.
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Trevithick wrote:The valuation tool at Hagerty is a strange thing, it ups the value for things which would devalue a car ( for example a retrim rather than original interior etc). Looking at the description mine would be a condition 4 car so worth £21,200, if Hagerty can find me a car just like mine for that price I'll have 2 please.
Using there price guide, my description for a condition 4 car would be,

Jensen SP real sp not running but engine turns over by hand been stored since early 90,s severe body corrosion, will need all new metal work eg floors. sills front rear wings bonnet etc etc,, engine trans brakes steering suspension rebuild, interior may clean up will need carpet set etc, bumpers missing or badly corroded, engine has 4 barrel fitted sixpack missing, 25k,
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
felixkk

Post by felixkk »

A nice appearance will get you a long way in their valuation system.
Felix Kistler
C-V8 112/2454, 541DL 2223849
JOC 9465
Secretary/VP JCC Jensen Car Club of Switzerland

www.jcc.ch / office@jcc.ch
Trevithick

Post by Trevithick »

felixkk wrote:A nice appearance will get you a long way in their valuation system.
That's mine out then, shame driving experience doesn't feature because that is very important in my book.
SP 131/4980.
Back soon.

Return to “Cars For Sale”