Jensen Interceptor mk3 series 4 1976 For Sale

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Tim Holmes

Jensen Interceptor mk3 series 4 1976 For Sale

Post by Tim Holmes »

Its is with a heavy heart that i am selling my beloved 1976 Jensen Interceptor 2240/1838.
I purchased this vehicle 2 1/2 years ago with the intention of restoring it and keeping it forever. I have finally come to the realisation that i do not have the funds or skill set to see it through to completion.
Although the pictures flatter it , it will need a full restoration, but is complete,however with the exception of the floor pans being rotten the rest of the body is original, and 90% rot free, some rust under vinyl roof, some on bottom of tailgate, patch under drivers side rear window and some where front of bonnet sits on the top panel, all this can be cut out and patched ,there are no big lumps of filler, it has original arches and crisp swage lines. The car does not run and hasn't been started since the late 80's. The engine did turn by hand when i first bought it but havnt tried since. The speedo reads just under 19000 miles , and although i have no history to back this up members of the JOC pointed out that 3 of the tyres are original equipment fitted in the 70's (whitewall).
It has the very desirable wooden dash although this needs relaminating, and the car is presented in Saturn Gold.
Since purchasing i have bought a complete floorpan set and n/s inner sill from Robeys, which are available at an extra cost.legendary JOC member Paul McElhinney inspected the car for me and was surprised how original it was.
The interior was beyond saving, i have acquired the rear seats and arch covers in black leather which are mint, i have bought the front seats and all door cards front and rear but these are in red and will need dying or recovering. The original bonnet was missing but i have a second hand one to go with it,also a full set of factory buildsheets, but unfortunately no V5c. I do have 1 mot from 1987 with the reg number KRC94 and mileage at 18000, mot was carried out across the road from the old factory on kelvin way. It is a matching numbers car. I have checked with dvla,the reg number is not registered to any vehicle and they have no record of this car.
I paid £7500 for it 2 1/2 years ago and after viewing many cars this one was the only one with very little bodywork needed and not full of filler.

Just to clarify, the car does not run and i have never tried to start it as i fully intended to restore it which would have included a full engine rebuild.
I am a member of the JOC Jensen owners club which is how i know Paul McElhinney and I'm sure he will vouch for my honesty and the car. This car offers a sound investment with prices rapidly rising.
Viewing is by appointment only and will be a little awkward due to my work. I am free most wednesdays and every other weekend so im sure we can sort something out.
The car does roll and comes with 2 keys.
Please PM me for any further details or with any questions. Or you can call me on 07468 535400, Can provide more pictures if required
Tim
Attachments
image9.JPG
image9.JPG (222.02 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
image8.JPG
image8.JPG (263.54 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
image7.JPG
image7.JPG (198.14 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
image6.JPG
image6.JPG (195.64 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
image5.JPG
image5.JPG (217.72 KiB) Viewed 1289 times