Interceptor II LHD in Holland

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Han Kamp

Interceptor II LHD in Holland

Post by Han Kamp »

After 42 years of ownership one of the first members in our club decided to sell his Int.2 We will be sorry to see him leaving the club..... :cry:
See http://www.Autotrader.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and search under Jensen.
Han Kamp The Netherlands
Formerly owned Jensens: 1974 JH, 1976 GT, 1952 4 litre Interceptor, 1954 4 litre Interceptor Left Hand Drive, 1957 541.

clubwebsite: http://www.JensenHolland.nl
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Interceptor II LHD in Holland

Post by Chris_R »

Cannot see anything by the name of Jensen on that web site.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Han Kamp

Post by Han Kamp »

Chris_R wrote:Cannot see anything by the name of Jensen on that web site.
Indeed, this is strange. An alternative site is http://www.gaspedaal.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; here you can type the make and type and the advert will show.
Han Kamp The Netherlands
Formerly owned Jensens: 1974 JH, 1976 GT, 1952 4 litre Interceptor, 1954 4 litre Interceptor Left Hand Drive, 1957 541.

currywurstcarpaccio

Post by currywurstcarpaccio »

Int Mk III 128 8053
Mr.Mini

Post by Mr.Mini »

Very nice , original example .

Seeing the sidelights , I think it is a USA export model ?

Very curious to know the chassis number as mine ( built december 1969 ) predates this car ( built may 1970 ) , but mine has the Lucas rear lights fitted .
Seeing this one still has the Altissimo lights , I think mine also had these fitted originally .
Really would like to find out as I have already a set of Altissimo rear lights in my possession :mrgreen:

Any help appreciated ,

BTW visited Silverstone Classic with mine last weekend and was surprised to see I was the only Jensen Interceptor present during the whole weekend . Got a lot of attention and positive comments as ever . Super event !

Best regards , Harald Van den Branden
Interceptor MkII - 123-3703
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Post by Chris_R »

Mr.Mini wrote:Very nice , original example .

Very curious to know the chassis number as mine ( built december 1969 ) predates this car ( built may 1970 ) , but mine has the Lucas rear lights fitted .
Seeing this one still has the Altissimo lights , I think mine also had these fitted originally .
Really would like to find out as I have already a set of Altissimo rear lights in my possession :mrgreen:

Any help appreciated ,
Hello Harald, I hope you enjoyed your weekend at Silverstone. Is that Gilles in the second picture?
You may be coming to the wrong conclusions about the rear lights. This question is documented in Mr Calver's Originality book on page 149. The change did not happen at the same time for RHD and LHD cars. Richard states that the change came at 3679 for RHD and suggests that for LHD it was at about 5037 (ex factory May 1970). It seems the first few LHD cars still had the Altissimo lights fitted.
If your car is later than 3679 and the Dutch car is before 5037, then it would appear both are correct. The chassis number of the Dutch car is not in the advert but as it seems to have been in Holland for over 42 years I suspect it is an original European export model and not one that has come from the USA, after all, Interceptors were still in production when the last owner of this car bought it and I don't think it make much sense to import one to Holland from the USA when they are still coming off the production line. You'd need to find the chassis number to be sure.
If your car is before 3679 and at some time in its history has either had an accident or had some restoration work in which the rear panel was replaced then it is possible the newer rear panel was fitted. The rear panels for the Altissimo lights and the Lucas lights are not the same.
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
Han Kamp

Post by Han Kamp »

Chris_R wrote:
Mr.Mini wrote:Very nice , original example .

Any help appreciated ,
Hello Harald, I hope you enjoyed your weekend at Silverstone. Is that Gilles in the second picture?
You may be coming to the wrong conclusions about the rear lights. This question is documented in Mr Calver's Originality book on page 149. The change did not happen at the same time for RHD and LHD cars. Richard states that the change came at 3679 for RHD and suggests that for LHD it was at about 5037 (ex factory May 1970). It seems the first few LHD cars still had the Altissimo lights fitted.
If your car is later than 3679 and the Dutch car is before 5037, then it would appear both are correct. The chassis number of the Dutch car is not in the advert but as it seems to have been in Holland for over 42 years I suspect it is an original European export model and not one that has come from the USA, after all, Interceptors were still in production when the last owner of this car bought it and I don't think it make much sense to import one to Holland from the USA when they are still coming off the production line. You'd need to find the chassis number to be sure.
If your car is before 3679 and at some time in its history has either had an accident or had some restoration work in which the rear panel was replaced then it is possible the newer rear panel was fitted. The rear panels for the Altissimo lights and the Lucas lights are not the same.
Checked our members files and the chassis number is 125 5011
Han Kamp The Netherlands

toonkojak
JOC Eastern Europe Rep

Post by toonkojak »

So only 10 numbers earlier than my 5021. Mine also has Altissimo lights. It was an original German delivery, since 1975 in Vienna, Austria.
125/5021
133/5793
Mr.Mini

Post by Mr.Mini »

Hi Chris ,

Thanks for the reply . Yes idd it is Gilles in the picture . Small boys getting bigger :mrgreen:
Enjoyed the Silverstone weekend very much . The rain in the evening a little less . Again amazed by the fact that we have not seen a single Interceptor . Anly 2 Jensen Healeys . On the way home however we were passed by a dark coloured Jensen Interceptor R ! What a coincidence seeing one of these rare beasts together on the road .

My car is chassis number 123 3703 , so according to your info should have the Lucas lights as fitted .

Referring the car for sale , I have been in contact with the current owner , Mr. Leo Arendse, and was very politely informed .
He has bought the car in 1975 , originally a dutch delivered car in 1970 .
1st owner the British consulate in Holland . Original colour dark metallic blue , repainted black afterwards .
The current owner made some interesting trips with it at the time to Italy and France , but is mostly into Lancia's these days and therefore selling the Jensen as it doesn't get used anymore .
He also sent me the original factory details :

Cheers , Harald
Interceptor MkII - 123-3703

Return to “Cars For Sale”