Cv8. On car and classic

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
RAP72
V8 Lover

Cv8. On car and classic

Post by RAP72 »

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C847094" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Re: Cv8. On car and classic

Post by John Staddon »

Sorry Steve but already posted twice before, though the price has come down quite a bit since it first appeared in March. The 'dusty' photos were taken in Spain where the car lived for some time, not much salt on the roads in Spain so it could be good underneath and the price is looking more realistic now, potentially a nice car but still needs work.

Regards

John
Early Interceptor INT885347
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Ah well. I tried.
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

Keep trying Steve, or we'll never find them all

Here's one for you, if you haven't spotted it already, on ebay this morning

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jensen-Interc ... 2554509010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

115/3195

Regards

John
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

Pymmie woke me up to tell me about that one so it is now on the list along with 3 others that came up yesterday - 335 :D
monk1483

Post by monk1483 »

Its now on E-Bay for a shade under 35k, I don't know if it is on the road as it does not mention anything about an MOT.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jensen-CV8-ro ... SwbtVZTqFz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This one seems a real bargain for the work that's been done and it looks great.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1964-Jensen-C ... Swcj5ZTPIk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John Staddon
JOC C-V8 Registrar

Post by John Staddon »

It's on SORN and the last MOT was in 2007.

My biggest concern, as mentioned in previous threads, is whether the blown core plugs have been fixed, the previous owners weren't able to replace the core plugs with the engine in-situ which is one of the reasons they sold the car, the photo of the engine bay shows the engine covered in dust and I have photos of the car in Spain showing the engine covered in dust, so it hasn't even been cleaned, which makes me wonder if any work has been done. There is also damage to the off side front wing and door which you can barely see in the photos and it has the wrong front bumper and a very poor rear bumper. Also the car has had at least 6 owners and not 3.

But the price is now looking more realistic, I just wish Villiers Classics would be honest and also present the car properly.

Regards

John
C-V8 Mk111 112/2334
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

To have one core plug blow out is bad luck, two or more sounds to me like frost damage! and does that mean there may be other problems?
Grant

Post by Grant »

Gordon wrote:To have one core plug blow out is bad luck, two or more sounds to me like frost damage! and does that mean there may be other problems?
The trouble with the core plugs Gordon is that they rot away when there is no antifreeze in the system... so if one has rotted through the rest will be sure to follow soon after the 1st one :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage

Return to “Cars For Sale”