Int Mark III for sale on carandclassic.co.uk

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Fishyboy

Int Mark III for sale on carandclassic.co.uk

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi all,
I'm new to the forum and on the lookout for a Jensen Interceptor at the moment.

I noticed this one pop up on "carandclassic" today (http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C875275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) but I havn't been able to track down any further details on this site.

I this car known to the club? Is it worth a look?

Phil
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588 - Now sold
Mark1Stu

Re: Int Mark III for sale on carandclassic.co.uk

Post by Mark1Stu »

Not able to check records at the moment. But at that price, and from the description, I would immediately go take a look.

If it stands scrutiny, that car won't hang around long in my opinion.
Fishyboy

Post by Fishyboy »

Hi
Corrosion on the inner sill on advisory on recent MOT's (https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and 24 miles since 2010!
Phil
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 18.26.45.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 18.26.45.png (100.25 KiB) Viewed 4178 times
Joint Southern Area Rep
J.O.C. Member 10659
1956 Jensen 541 95-5633
1961 Austin Healey 3000 BT7
1961 Volvo 131 Amazon - a Survivor
1968 Volvo 1800S
1969 Mk II Interceptor 123/3588 - Now sold
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

Good research Phil. Inner sills will be the area to check, for sure. The other items are minor in comparison. And at £28k it's not going to be perfect.
Grant

Post by Grant »

It's a late Mk3 Car Phil... be aware that this was quite a slow model... as the years went on they got crippled with emission regs and the engines became very lame unless something has been done to the engine to liven it up ... please dont get me wrong.. I love all models but just incase you were not aware I thought mention it... the early 440's Circa 72/73 were the quick ones ... prior to that the 383ci ones were flyers too :wink:
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
"Monkey Man"sig RegistrarImage
Keith

Post by Keith »

Grant wrote:early 440's Circa 72/73 were the quick ones ...
Look, I've even left the apostrophe abuse unedited!

Bit of a generalisation there Grant. Early 440s fast? Faster than the slow old G-Series cars perhaps.

But nowadays, it doesn't matter what they were like "back in the day". Get the model of Interceptor you want, and then make the engine do what you want.

Or, buy a late Mk I or early Mk II with a lovely, free-revving E-Series engine and you don't have to do anything!

Seriously Phil, if you're after an Interceptor, join the club, attend your local area meetings, then get someone knowledgeable to help you check out and inspect suitable cars for sale.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Grant

Post by Grant »

Keith wrote:
Grant wrote:early 440's Circa 72/73 were the quick ones ...
Look, I've even left the apostrophe abuse unedited!

Bit of a generalisation there Grant. Early 440s fast? Faster than the slow old G-Series cars perhaps.

But nowadays, it doesn't matter what they were like "back in the day". Get the model of Interceptor you want, and then make the engine do what you want.

Or, buy a late Mk I or early Mk II with a lovely, free-revving E-Series engine and you don't have to do anything!

Seriously Phil, if you're after an Interceptor, join the club, attend your local area meetings, then get someone knowledgeable to help you check out and inspect suitable cars for sale.
:shock: Keith ... You are the apostrophe Policeman of the Forum :lol: ... TBH I don't know when to use them or not :oops: :oops:
My personal preference is an "E" series all day long in a late Mk2... my latest Mk2 has a "G" series and flys though, the early 440s( :P ) well the 1st ones they were fitting were the Magnum engine with 10:1 comp or maybe even 10.5:1 I am not 100% sure, but up there with the high comp "E" as I am sure you know Keith, these were the flyers (<<not sure if I need an apostrophe here :lol: ), but yes I agree with you about get the model you like best and do your thing "Romeo" :P ... I was only trying to educate Phil there incase he was unaware.. I wouldn't want him to part with his hard earned money and be dissapointed with the performance :wink:
Phil .. most people over-look the MK2 ... In my opinion .. they are the best model of the Interceptors :D .. but we are all different :?
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

Condition is everything. Especially a rust free never had it is the best. You can always add engine upgrades a lot cheaper than fixing x-ed up rust repairs most of which are botched to start with. Pay someone who knows craftsmanship and have the body evaluated. HP is cheap to upgrade verses rust repair RacerJoe
RockyUSA

Post by RockyUSA »

Agree with Joe. In addition, buy the best car you can. You will be amazed at how much work (and cost) there is replacing tiny little "bits" that you wouldn't have to do if you had spent a little more in the beginning.

Rocky
Last edited by RockyUSA on Wed May 31, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‘71 TVR Vixen 2500 - (M Series Tribute)
'72 Interceptor III - 133/5597
'73 DeTomaso Pantera
'74 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-40
'95 Jaguar XJS Convertible
Keith

Post by Keith »

Grant wrote: these were the flyers (<<not sure if I need an apostrophe here :lol:
I'll make it easy for you Grant. You don't use an apostrophe to denote a plural. So (above) flyers is correct. You've added an "s" to the word flyer to denote more than one flyer. That is correct. You don't use an apostrophe. So your earlier use of 440's was wrong. really wrong. Jensen's (the favourite of the Facebook boyz) is wrong. Car's is wrong. If you are meaning the plural of 440, Jensen or car, all you do is an an "s".
Grant

Post by Grant »

Keith wrote:
Grant wrote: these were the flyers (<<not sure if I need an apostrophe here :lol:
I'll make it easy for you Grant. You don't use an apostrophe to denote a plural. So (above) flyers is correct. You've added an "s" to the word flyer to denote more than one flyer. That is correct. You don't use an apostrophe. So your earlier use of 440's was wrong. really wrong. Jensen's (the favourite of the Facebook boyz) is wrong. Car's is wrong. If you are meaning the plural of 440, Jensen or car, all you do is an an "s".
Thanks Keith ... but one last thing ... when do you use an apostrophe though ... is it only on personal things like "Grant's Car" :?: ... boyz :lol: I am proud not being a facebook merchant :lol:
Cheers Keith :P
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage
Keith

Post by Keith »

Grant wrote: when do you use an apostrophe though ... is it only on personal things like "Grant's Car" :?
This is called a "possessive". So it's your car. You possess it. It's Grant's car.

"So it's your car" -- this is a "contraction" -- it's is a contraction of "it is". "Can't" is a contraction of can not (or strictly cannot).

There are lots of other different cases and examples, but the best rule is, if you're not sure, then don't use the apostrpophe.

Now don't get me started on semi-colons!
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

at the risk of further hijacking an already wandering thread (very funny btw) is anyone able to clarify what series 383 is in my Mk2 - chassis 123/3669

Cheer's (sic) :D
Pymmie

Post by Pymmie »

Hi Richie,

123/3669 is an E series

Engine number 1942/123E

First G series Mk2 was 4080 up to

4244. So March 71 - Aug 71

Regards

John P
Previous Jensen Owner 2010-2022 (128/4451)

Understeer - Hitting the fence with the front of the car
Oversteer - Hitting the fence with the rear of the car
Horsepower -How fast you hit the fence
Torque - How far you take the fence with you
Grant

Post by Grant »

Keith wrote: So it's your car. You possess it. It's Grant's car.
Yes it is my Car Keith and everyone and am very proud of it :lol: thank you for noticing that fact Keith :D (and also for educating me :wink: )
It's Grant's Car so keep your hands off!! :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Here it is :lol: >>>
>>
Jensen Late Mk2 019.JPG
Jensen Late Mk2 019.JPG (215.02 KiB) Viewed 3967 times
Manual Int&Rag-TopImage

Return to “Cars For Sale”