5 Interceptors & 1 SP for sale at Cropredy bridge

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
Eddie

5 Interceptors & 1 SP for sale at Cropredy bridge

Post by Eddie »

http://www.cropredybridge.com/?s=~&tfse ... ain_search

All look nice from the images.

Shame all the prices are POA
Eddie

JOC 10030
Interceptor II 123/3901 CEA 1J
1970 Earls Court Motorshow Car
Frontrow

Re: 5 Interceptors & 1 SP for sale at Cropredy bridge

Post by Frontrow »

The cars all look fantastic and it's nice to see a classy shop window for the marque but I too question the blanket POA approach. It makes it very difficult for people to gauge the market and how it may move, though being a nosey parker I just find it irritating not to know the price.
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

I see one of them comes with a "Jensen Heritage Certificate"...what's one of those?
Keith

Post by Keith »

Richie wrote:I see one of them comes with a "Jensen Heritage Certificate"...what's one of those?

I think Robey introduced them as soon as they got involved with the marque all these years ago.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Steve Groves

Post by Steve Groves »

HI Guys

I was up there yesterday and took a good look - some lovely cars - the SP is my favourite, its properly sorted and drives brilliantly but they are all solid and in various conditions from good to approaching Concours. I note the comment on prices - we tend to list POA as most purchasers through us are new to Jensens and they want the car brought up to near concours so we work out cost to do to the standard they want then quote a price for the car and the work they want doing, I know its very different to most of us but our customers are not typically experienced classic car owners and they need lots of backup as they find their way. We do strongly promote JOC membership to everyone who even phones to make an enquiry and we recommend they join before buying not after.

For the nosey ones amongst you ( :wink: ) we try to track every interceptor sold at dealer or auction and if it comes to us for work after being bought elsewhere we find out what was paid. The picture we see from all of this is a healthy market that doesn't appear to have cooled in the way the top end of the market is alleged to have done.

1. Interceptors clearing in the dealer market for between £30k (good not concours) and £70k (concours) with a premium for SP's and a further premium for convertibles. In the private market its lower particularly for higher end cars as collectors seem to want the back up of dealing with a dealer (we are happy to sell these on commission for people if the car meets our standards)
2. Concours quality cars with matching numbers and comprehensive histories are fetching big premiums, we saw an SP reach nearly £100k recently at another dealer and we don't think that is a complete one off from other transactions we have seen
3.We are seeing good FF's transact (not through us, we haven't had one in stock for a while) at over £100k but they are taking a while to sell.
4. LHD's are tricky to shift in the UK but the weak pound is creating opportunities in Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands at sensible valuations, better to advertise there than in the UK.
5. We are receiving more enquiries for convertibles than we used to

The most common buying mistake we see haven't changed at all; Rusted chassis tubes is no 1 by a mile and as you guys know not cheap!! We get a bit depressed having to tell so many new owners the bad news when they buy elsewhere and bring it to us for an assessment. We now replace them on just about every car we sell as thy have reached an age where few seem to come in sound and we think its often key to the cars long term survival.

Makes we wonder if we have a new owners buying guide - given the knowledge on the site we could probably save new owners some misery?

Finally we were clearing out a storage room a few months back and found a listing for a newly restored Interceptor from 1989 at £50,000. Adjust that for inflation and we arent anywhere near the 1989 values!

Hope that satisfies the most inquisitive of you! If club members are selling you can always ping me a message for views on the market

Cheers

Steve
1968 FF Mk1 Vignale 119/006
1975 Convertible Mk3 2340/1746
1973 SP J series 138/8398
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

Good reading Steve - BTW, how is NED?

when you refer to rusting chassis tubes... are the main tubes rusting? These must take some rotting - I've seen flimsier locomotives :D
Steve Groves

Post by Steve Groves »

NED is good - he was resprayed over the winter and is looking great, its not that easy when its the only car ever made in the colour but Dupont had the original records and were able to supply a fresh batch of Jensen Silver Mink, he's ready for a trip to Turin now!!! How's that beautiful FF of yours???

Re the chassis tubes, youd be surprised, on my FF they were so rotten i could just about bend them and I work in an office :wink: I guess technically on most Interceptors I should call them side beams or side members. I am told we see alot where they have rusted from inside out rather than poutside in as once water gets in its trapped in the tube and has plenty of time to do its worst.
Attachments
SAM_1933.JPG
SAM_1933.JPG (207.9 KiB) Viewed 5921 times
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

I'm about to make Peter Blumbach's convertible the car of the month, I like the fact that he wasn't actually looking for a Jensen, he was on a canal holiday and sailed past Cropredy and stopped off to have a look :-)

Peter bought the car, had some work on it and drove it back to Germany in time to have it on the JOC stand at Essen.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

I don't have an FF - that would be nice - but I'm very happy to be the custodian of a lowly Interceptor II :D

NED looked pretty good before the respray - must be looked very impressive now! :D
Steve Groves

Post by Steve Groves »

Sorry I thought it was an FF, it's orange isn't it or am I going mad?
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

No, you haven't gone mad - it is indeed orange...
Attachments
upload_-1.jpg
upload_-1.jpg (637.69 KiB) Viewed 5900 times
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Some times it looks more orange than others:
BLL256H.jpg
BLL256H.jpg (195.29 KiB) Viewed 5905 times
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

what a difference!
Steve Groves

Post by Steve Groves »

I love the orange cars, I have a secret craving for one!
Richie
V8 Lover

Post by Richie »

I might consider a swap for a silver mink one Steve ;)

I wouldn't have to worry about painting my roof then...

http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23097" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Cars For Sale”