Farewell to my SP!

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
carlstan1

Farewell to my SP!

Post by carlstan1 »

Just wanted to let anyone who might be interested know, that after 10 years of Jensen ownership, I have finally sold my SP to a fellow Jensen fan, Ian Wood, who has promised that he will take good care of the old girl. With only 21 apparently now left on the UK roads he has taken on a big responsibility!

I have thoroughly enjoyed owning a high performance Jensen and over the last decade have made the most of the experience, having attended the classic Le Mans twice, (and broken a few wheel studs by being a little too enthusiastic on the "parade" laps), toured Tuscany in the grand style, as well as having run the standing quarter mile in a best time of 16.63 seconds, which is only 0.03 slower than when the car was new, according to Motor magazine's feature article! (March 1972 edition!) and that was without the six pack - so goodness knows what time is achievable with additional carberation - (over to you Ian!!)

However its time to try pastures anew, and its therefore unlikely that I will have another Jensen anytime soon - I just wanted to say thanks and goodbye to all the people who have helped make Jensen ownership such a pleasure. The club magazine is without parallel and the experts and suppliers of Jensen parts the most helpful people in the classic car World.

With the launch of a new Interceptor anticipated in 2016 the profile of Jensen cars can only get better and better - so I wish you all adieu and many many years of pleasurable motoring. Keep flying the flag.

Best wishes

Carl Holmes
Attachments
10215819924_ae66d185c1_z.jpg
10215819924_ae66d185c1_z.jpg (169.64 KiB) Viewed 4284 times
carlstan1

Re: Farewell to my SP!

Post by carlstan1 »

Sorry before anyone jumps on the figures the standing quarter mile figure should have been 15.63 - not 16.63!!
jvcarrier

Post by jvcarrier »

Find it hard to believe there are only 21 left on the road - How about a register of surviving cars - can the format used elsewhere be "borrowed for the SP's"

Regards
John
RAP72
V8 Lover

Post by RAP72 »

jvcarrier wrote:Find it hard to believe there are only 21 left on the road - How about a register of surviving cars - can the format used elsewhere be "borrowed for the SP's"

Regards
John
I have sent you a PM, I always thought/ hoped that others would take up the cudgels and we would end up with a system that tracked all Jensens. :shock:
zacmarshall

Post by zacmarshall »

If you want to know how many SPs are left why not ask the club's SP (and Interceptors Variants) registrar, Tim Clark.

No point re-inventing the wheel.
C-V8 II 104/2146 CHJ 948B
ex FF II, Interceptor I, II and III, SP, GTs and Healeys. You might say I got the bug....
JOC Member No. 5061
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

If you want to know how many SPs are left why not ask the club's SP (and Interceptors Variants) registrar, Tim Clark.

I did that when I provided details of my convertible, unfortunately no response!
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Yorkie wrote:If you want to know how many SPs are left why not ask the club's SP (and Interceptors Variants) registrar, Tim Clark.

I did that when I provided details of my convertible, unfortunately no response!

You took the words right out of my mouth , :D
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
Joe Schiavone

Post by Joe Schiavone »

In reading the posts about SP owners I read about many of the cars owners removing the SP setup. Is it not the SP package that makes the car so distinctive and stand out or just the extra hood louvers that make the car stand out. I know the the gas mileage might suck but that goes with a high performance engine. RacerJoe
AH1951

Post by AH1951 »

Joe Schiavone wrote: hood louvers that make the car stand out. RacerJoe
Yes, that's all they are for.
Their effect on cooling is insignificant.
:)
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

Joe Schiavone wrote:In reading the posts about SP owners I read about many of the cars owners removing the SP setup. Is it not the SP package that makes the car so distinctive and stand out or just the extra hood louvers that make the car stand out. I know the the gas mileage might suck but that goes with a high performance engine. RacerJoe

It is when you open the go pedal, And when you lift the Hood and that ole sixpack makes a regular 440-4 look baby tulip, :wink:
WATTS RACING TRANSMISSIONS, 07974 088375,
CLOBBER THE COMPETITION
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

I bet seller wishes he had waited another year before selling as now new owner must think he has a bargain. I suppose they do look good when bonnet is lifted and orange top plate revealed. Must get one fitted when wife goes to Europe to row in masters. Kenny38 :D

Return to “Cars For Sale”