Jensen Interceptor S 2010 - CUF 493L

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Jensen Interceptor S 2010 - CUF 493L

Post by VFK44 »

Usual GM LS3 engine, repainted in Bentley Bourneville.
Star of the TopGear "The Interceptors" video, driven by Clarkson!
http://www.fenderbroad.com/jensen-interceptor-s.html
£112,000 at Fender-Broad classic cars.
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex
Chris_R
JOC General Secretary

Re: Jensen Interceptor S 2010 - CUF 493L

Post by Chris_R »

I've often wondered how these rebuilt Interceptors fare with the DVLA registration regulations.
According to the DVLA
To keep the original registration number of a car or light van that has been rebuilt you will need to use either of the following:

the original unmodified chassis or unaltered body shell
a new chassis or monocoque body shell (that is, body and chassis as one unit) of the same specification as the original supported by evidence from the dealer or manufacturer (for example, receipt)

You will also need to have two other major components from the original vehicle.

These can be any of the following:

suspension (front and back)
steering assembly
axles (both)
transmission
engine
Whilst the 'R' and the 'S' Interceptor variants may be OK in respect of the chassis/body shell, that's about as far as it goes. The rest of the key major components are all new, possibly excepting the axles.
Since this car was "built" in 2009/2010 is it a 1972/73 car (qualifying for historic status) or a new car subject to modern day emissions standards? Or if it was a rebuilt car should it retain the original registration of the donor car?
Chris
JOC Member 6116
--------------------------------------------------
schumijoe
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS

Post by schumijoe »

The fact that Clarkson drove it should have de-valued it by at least 50% already
Joe
INTERCEPTOR 111 2240/1**4(the last 1976 saloon)
colin7673
now normal...

Post by colin7673 »

So is this car a Six speed auto or a Four speed?

Price: £112,000
Make: Jensen
Model: Interceptor S
Exterior Colour: Bentley Bourneville
Interior Colour: Mulberry
Vehicle Type: Coupe
Number of Doors: 2
year of Manufacture: 1972
Engine Size: 6200cc
Transmission Type: 6 Speed Automatic

This car was built in 2009/10 to a customers specific requirement. Reassembled with a brand new GM powertrain comprising LS3 engine (430bhp), 4 speed electronic auto box,

Hmmmm
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
brendan

Post by brendan »

I do like the bumper with out overrider.
Not to sure on the rear pipes.
But a nice colour combination.
8926 136/8195 BJM 639
schumijoe
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS
BIG RED CARD & 2 YELLOWS

Post by schumijoe »

It may look like an Interceptor but it's not the true Interceptor that I like. I like my original one even with its quirky nature and minor problems. It is a completely different vehicle from the original and they claim that. Probably only the basic chassis is original. But there you are each to his own
Joe
INTERCEPTOR 111 2240/1**4(the last 1976 saloon)
Keith

Post by Keith »

colin7673 wrote: Hmmmm
You've got to remember that it was April 1st yesterday Colin, before you look for these conspiracy theories.
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
Chafford1

Post by Chafford1 »

Chris_R wrote:I've often wondered how these rebuilt Interceptors fare with the DVLA registration regulations.
According to the DVLA
To keep the original registration number of a car or light van that has been rebuilt you will need to use either of the following:

the original unmodified chassis or unaltered body shell
a new chassis or monocoque body shell (that is, body and chassis as one unit) of the same specification as the original supported by evidence from the dealer or manufacturer (for example, receipt)

You will also need to have two other major components from the original vehicle.

These can be any of the following:

suspension (front and back)
steering assembly
axles (both)
transmission
engine
Whilst the 'R' and the 'S' Interceptor variants may be OK in respect of the chassis/body shell, that's about as far as it goes. The rest of the key major components are all new, possibly excepting the axles.
Since this car was "built" in 2009/2010 is it a 1972/73 car (qualifying for historic status) or a new car subject to modern day emissions standards? Or if it was a rebuilt car should it retain the original registration of the donor car?

I'm sure JIA would have checked the relevant regulations with the DVLA before undertaking such a project.

All 'R's retain their original identity according to JIA's brochure. According to JIA's brochure and website, the engine and transmission are new (6 speed on the latest cars), the front suspension is reconditioned, the rear suspension (see link) 'all new', the steering is reconditioned.

http://www.jensen-sales.com/wp-content/ ... r-axle.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'New' prices based on a £5,000 -£10,000 donor are from £149,500 for the normally aspirated 429bhp car and from £180,000 for the 550bhp supercharged car. JIA will also do a complete mechanical conversion on a good donor car for £64,000 over and above the donor car cost.
Last edited by Chafford1 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Williams JOC Member:2014
Chafford1

Post by Chafford1 »

schumijoe wrote:It may look like an Interceptor but it's not the true Interceptor that I like. I like my original one even with its quirky nature and minor problems. It is a completely different vehicle from the original and they claim that. Probably only the basic chassis is original. But there you are each to his own
Joe
Depends whether you want to use the car as a daily driver or for occasional use.
Johnfromholland

Post by Johnfromholland »

I think the rear pipes are waaay too "disco". It's a bit silly to "pump up" the rear few inches. No use, and from every visible angle one can see the rest of the exhaustpipes are much thinner. A duplex clowns' nose on the but, I just can't get used to it. Anything but classy. Who put vinegar in my beer?
2210/1132 Interceptor MK3 1974
Chafford1

Post by Chafford1 »

Johnfromholland wrote:
I think the rear pipes are waaay too "disco". It's a bit silly to "pump up" the rear few inches. No use, and from every visible angle one can see the rest of the exhaustpipes are much thinner. A duplex clowns' nose on the but, I just can't get used to it. Anything but classy. Who put vinegar in my beer?
They certainly don't look as good as the original exhausts. Unlike the Chrysler lump, the LS3 certainly revs though. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc5S82B07Yc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VFK44
Co-Administrator

Post by VFK44 »

Passed by this car (or another with reg CUF ***L) at speed down the A1 towards London near South Mimms services today. Who is the lucky owner?
"Now that chassis number is particularly interesting ‘cos it’s the one after the one before, which is the one after mine, not many people know that"
Stephen, Epping, Essex

Return to “Cars For Sale”