Film Star for sale........maybe

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
colin7673
now normal...

Film Star for sale........maybe

Post by colin7673 »

Looks good,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-JENSEN-I ... 593wt_1270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only working half a day now.
http://www.jensensontour.co.uk
taximan

Re: Film Star for sale........maybe

Post by taximan »

http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VAUXHALL VISCOUNT 1969
MB W213 220D
MB E Class Cabriolet
JOC Member 9052
londonlad

Post by londonlad »

Sold for £8350, not to me I should add.

Regards,

Richard
Per mere per terram
Interceptor MkII
123\4047 (Gone but not forgotten))
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Did anyone on the forum buy this car? I have it on good authority that you wouldn't want to jack it up using the vehicle's own jacking tubes.
Paul McElhinney - Mk I 115/3309 in Positano yellow, FF Mk II 127/289.
Steve Payne
MASSIVE RED CARD
MASSIVE RED CARD

Post by Steve Payne »

VGU42G wrote:Did anyone on the forum buy this car? I have it on good authority that you wouldn't want to jack it up using the vehicle's own jacking tubes.
Sorry to say but this is true of a lot of the cars that appear on Ebay for sale. That is probably why they are for sale?

Steve
JOC official Lightning engineer
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

paul, steve, is there a way of checking this without actually doing the jacking up using the tubes. I've always worried about this on mine, bought 11 years ago, and have only ever jacked it up using a standard jack with a small plank of wood between it and the car to spread the load. Taking the covers off they look OK and they feel solid as far as I can get my finger in. Jon.
Jon Hayes
Interceptor 111 136/9108
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

John,

You should of course only use the question if you think a potential purchase may have problems. If the vendor knows it has problems he won't allow you to do so. You would never do it to test a car that you've bought.

You can get a long screwdriver and prod it down the jacking tubes. The panel at the end that will stop the screwdriver is the inside face, the vertical member, of the sidemember. Also remove the carpet from the vertical face of the door step. At the very bottom the side member joins a vertical panel. You can also remove the side trim inside (beisde the rear seats) then use a flexible torch to look through the inner panel holes at the top face of the sidemember. You can also inspect the ends where they protrude into the wheel housings.

This thread gives lots of excellent information on the subject. It also contains a link to the Paul Baker Custom Metalwork site. If you look at the work that he did on a Mk I Interceptor you can see excellent pictures of the vehicle with a new sidemember offered up. In the interests of clarity "inner sill" and "chassis sidemember" are the same thing.

http://www.joc.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... idemembers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

thanks paul. v.useful. Jon.
Jon Hayes
Interceptor 111 136/9108
PaulMcElhinney

Post by PaulMcElhinney »

Jon,

View these two video clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv5BwxytuC4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q-ZCUJe ... el&list=UL" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the video where the Interceptor is on the rotisserie you can see the chassis sidemember at the very top of the picture. Below are the floor panels. You can see the shaded area where the floor raises for the seat mountings.

In the second video from Paul Baker's workshop you can see an Interceptor minus sidemember. This should allow you to deduce what bits are the sidemember.
cantona7

Post by cantona7 »

thanks Paul, as you say I will leave mine well alone, but all this will knowledge will be useful for when I get next get tempted to get another one and go and have a look at an apparent bargain.
Jon Hayes
Interceptor 111 136/9108
londonlad

Post by londonlad »

Back up for sale on E-Bay for £6500 (£2000 less than before.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-JENSEN-I ... 231f9d88bc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So;
No one will come to meet you so you cannot view before buying.
You cant go to the head office as they cant store cars there, you also cant go to where they do store the cars.
A "security" man will meet you because they are working, they dont know where they will be as they dont plan anything, you will be picked up at a train station!
They are never at the office address.

Caveat Emptor indeed!

Regards,

Richard
Per mere per terram
Interceptor MkII
123\4047 (Gone but not forgotten))
SKW 4084

Post by SKW 4084 »

Yeah and now they are Red something productions, i guess you can hide negative post's when you start the auction with a fresh user name etc. I was unable to find their original company at companies house something records they called themselves then. A little honesty would go a long way
johnjensen66

Post by johnjensen66 »

i have seen this car as i live in twickenham but not close up
DPP

Post by DPP »

Sold again for £8K and straight back listed again?
Dave Pearce
Oily Rag Classics
Jensen FF 119/133
Jensen FF 119/182
Jensen Interceptor III 128/4430
Hawaii50

Post by Hawaii50 »

Anyone following this vehicle merge with duplicte thread Grey Mk II - AYD 859H. The ebay bidding appears as sound as the adverts offer not to view the car before you pay for it. Also if they worked 24/7 surely someone would be around to answer the phone?
Slot Vacant

Return to “Cars For Sale”