Interceptor LPB 63N sept 1974 looking at it tomorrow

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
bashford1

Re: Interceptor LPB 63N sept 1974 looking at it tomorrow

Post by bashford1 »

Hi Steve,
I don’t actually know. Used to have a ‘69 FF, we actually went to the Ace cafe together once, at the time you were messing with the Jensen on Mondays.
I don’t actually know if it’s under powered if I’m honest I was driving it gently because my main concern was to get it home without any Drama.
Interesting how many people still have their Jensen’s.
Is the Monday Club still going??
What about the other members? Pm if you have time
Thanks Brett.
Thank You Brett
1974 MK 3 Interceptor ‪2240/9844 ‬
https://youtu.be/6tIHdaRxdHU
johnw

Post by johnw »

Congratulations Brett! I would do a compression test, have a look at the plugs, see if they all have a good colour after the drive home. If the compression is fine that is a very good sign. You have not had it full throttle, testing kickdown, foot to the floor acceleration test holding low gears, so you have not really let it off the leash I would imagine. Once you have done all the fluids, diff and transmission oil, checked brakes, UJs, felt the backlash in the diff then you will be more confident.

The Mk1 FFs had a higher compression 383, free revving, with lower diff ratios, less sound deadening, slightly lighter than the later Interceptor, shift points at lower speeds. With the 440, high diff ratio, low compression, more sound proofing, it is going to be a different experience even at part throttle low speeds.
Have you seen our stolen Jensen FF 119/011 https://twitter.com/jensenffdotcom
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Brett

Conratulations on your new purchase. Someone mentioned that this was on the cover of the JOC mag. Indeed it was November/December 2008 Issue 202. Not sure if you already have this as part of the history file but to remind a few others...
mag 1.JPG
mag 1.JPG (101.83 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
mag2.JPG
mag2.JPG (131.94 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
mag3.JPG
mag3.JPG (103.9 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
mag4.JPG
mag4.JPG (120 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
bashford1

Post by bashford1 »

Hi Peter, Wow no I haven’t seen those. Thanks. I’m worried I won’t be able to repair all the problem areas and do the car justice. She’s a lovely car though, but I didn’t realise how different the MK111 is from my old MK1 FF. so much more complicated. Nice to be back in the driving seat of an Interceptor tho scary too with the repairs that need doing. And really interesting to note so many of you guys holding on to the cars.
Brett.
Thank You Brett
1974 MK 3 Interceptor ‪2240/9844 ‬
https://youtu.be/6tIHdaRxdHU
Peter Rothery

Post by Peter Rothery »

Brett

I am sure you will get there. If the body is all good, the few mechanical and electrical gremlins can be sorted in time. I really enjoyed your old "FF Diary" so am convinced your thorough and logical approach to resolving each issue will pay dividends. Plenty of advice and help available on here still.

Return to “Cars For Sale”