Cropredy new build Interceptor

Jensens Only! Forum automatically deletes unanswered posts after 120 days.
kenny38

Re: Cropredy new build Interceptor

Post by kenny38 »

And further more to my recent post :D Cropedy should really invest some capital in a good niche marketing consultant. The brand would be easy to "place" for ad agencies tired of the same old "SUPER CARS". Cropedy put it into your sales budget just like everyone else.Now back on the ride on mower. Kenny38 :)
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

geoff wrote:The Interceptor has long been undervalued and is finally moving to where it should be compared to other prestigious makes.
Really?

How comes when an Interceptor comes up for sale for £25,000 or over, it takes months and months to sell?

For example: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C798366" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kenny38 wrote:Duncan's SP by looks should be a 200K car. And will be to the lucky punter in a couple of years.
:lol: :roll:
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Fact is and unfortunately still a fact is that the Jensen has gone from being a highly desirable car to orphan in 40 years. It will take time. Sure a stupid Etype will cost possibly hundreds of K's possibly due to all the punters remembering looking and lusting back in the day at tech school wearing their polyester trousers and polyester shirts. The price then was aimed at a CHEAP entry level. I remember back then it was the pretty car for a mistress/daughter or newly prosperous hairdressers. Jensen's will eventually be well regarded otherwise why would Cropredy lash out all that money? Do they know some thing? Re those 25K cars. I have said before that the punters with real money as opposed to mars bars are a different breed.....have status and want a brilliant turn key car. Not tired old hacks with a quick makeover which will be a money box. Back in the day I purchased an SP at a great price and described like those cars. Reality bit rather nastily. You really do get what you pay for. I would think honest cars at 40-50K are selling. Talk the marque UP and stop being so bleeding cynical.Now sit down everyone. kenny38 8)
Arcnewal

Post by Arcnewal »

kenny38 wrote:why would Cropredy lash out all that money? Do they know some thing?
Probably not.

They’re a business. They have various things to pay out for. Parts, labour, etc.
BritArms

Post by BritArms »

65,000 UK Pounds wanted for what I consider the Best MK 1 around. Built to drive daily but retaining the original #s matching...But had no offers..Once again was a show stopper at this years Monterey car week and Pebble beach..People walking past multi million dollar super cars to take a photo of my beautiful 67 MK 1..Will refresh the for sale ad..
kenny38

and more on Cropredy new build Interceptor

Post by kenny38 »

I have owned my SP for 30 years next month. I bought a "bargain". regettably ....not so. Was a basket case nicely disguised. These cars are the subject of divorce and living alone with a cat huddled over a one bar elecric fire in a one room flat in a cold water walk up. If you think you have a well priced "bargain" be very careful. Over the years it's magic how when prices seem to rise the tarps come off some knackered neglected heap.... placed on the market at say 10K as parts car. Some chancer buys them at probably less than that and performs his dark arts of a quick make over and HEY PRESTO! it's on sale again to the nearest punter who truely believes you can buy a decent car for 25-30K. Let's get real. Nowadays (if ever) there are no bargains. I bet everyone on this forum knows the value of his car nowadays and if it's a 10- 20K+ car it's got a LOT of issues on the way to a resto or the parts bin. Pity brit arms S1 is a left hooker because it would be a damn sight more expensive as a right hander. Cropedy is merely mirrowing the approx price of an original Interceptor back in the day adjusted for everything. Anyway you can always buy an Etype. Nothing so sad seeing some bald headed git
late middle aged and driving one.......oh for a few more years. Kenny38 :D
Arcnewal

Re: and more on Cropredy new build Interceptor

Post by Arcnewal »

kenny38 wrote:if it's a 10- 20K+ car it's got a LOT of issues on the way to a resto or the parts bin.
:roll:
Keith

Re: and more on Cropredy new build Interceptor

Post by Keith »

Arcnewal wrote:
kenny38 wrote:if it's a 10- 20K+ car it's got a LOT of issues on the way to a resto or the parts bin.
:roll:
Why don't you offer a balanced argument Lawrence, rather that these meaningless and silly smilies?
Forum Founder & Forum Member No 1.
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

I note through a glass that no one has contested my opinion about 10-20K cars that members may have in their garages or under the famous tarp. Just to remind you I believe any car advertised for that or perhaps dearer (25K) is a car needing a lot of sweat, tears and buckets of money. Perhaps a little blood also. kenny 38 :evil:
Van833

Post by Van833 »

Much as I love my Interceptor, there is no way I could imagine paying that much money for a car with a mass produced iron v8 engine at the front and cart springs at the back. I'd want something really exotic.

Van
73 Interceptor
Mark1Stu

Post by Mark1Stu »

The Facel Vega HK500 seems to be doing OK pricewise, despite having a Chrysler V8 and leaf springs.
Van833

Post by Van833 »

Mark1Stu wrote:The Facel Vega HK500 seems to be doing OK pricewise, despite having a Chrysler V8 and leaf springs.
The Facel was always much rarer and exotic though. I was saying I would not pay £250k for a car configured in this way, I was not commenting on their market value.
kenny38

Post by kenny38 »

Slightly off subject but it really is amazing that the Etype (originally a cheap sports for the masses) fetches such high prices. Many thousands were built (20K?+) and you would think only a handful left the factory judging by prices even for obviously knackered ones. Every page, almost, in the car sales ads has at least one probably two. There is no rarity. about this admittedly pretty car.The prices are trending up to new heights!!! what is the substance an obviously sane person is stuffing up his nose to make him pay in some cases nearly two hundred K. Surely this should be a PHD thesis for som aspiring person/scholar. And 600K for an Eagle makeover? What have they done that a competant mechanic couldn't do with a panel beater/painter/trimmer in tow? It makes no sense. Why wouldn't you grab Brit arms S1 for a negoiated price and have at least a man's car?
Kenny38 :(

Return to “Cars For Sale”